• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I would classify them as conservative, which would make them "right wing". There's nothing wrong with being "right wing". It doesn't mean racist.
So, your average ANC supporter is wildly conservative. Think how zulu/xhosa/whatever patriarchy rules the household. Conservative doesn't equal right wing like it used to.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Mandisa Mashego from the EFF. This is good news before the local elections, they won't get too many votes but it is good to have them as an option.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
One of the comments on Twitter so true:

I think another political party isn't the answer
1) ANC has perfected vote scavenging via slogans - can't out-slogan ANC
2) Voters burn tires for service they don't vote for competence
3) By the time a new party has critical mass SA will be bankrupt

rietrot

Honorary Master
So, your average ANC supporter is wildly conservative. Think how zulu/xhosa/whatever patriarchy rules the household. Conservative doesn't equal right wing like it used to.
Monarchies are right wing. That's unfortunately just how the French organized their parliament.

Most ANC voters are monarchist/traditionalist/conservative and therefore right wing.

What confuses the situation is the ANCs left wing communist ideology.

newjourno

Expert Member
It looks like the leadership race for the DA is going to be a lot closer than most would like to believe. I've already seen quite a few DA heavyweights from KZN throw their support behind Ntuli.

Steenhuisen will probably win but not convincingly. It looks like majority of the white caucus will back him though probably not the rest of the DA.

newjourno

Expert Member
It's fair to say that the DA are continuing to score own goals amidst the Covid pandemic and Steenhuisen is being made to look average as a leader so far.

They know that they have been scoring own goals now and are probably going to use the "scrap BEE" message as a election campaign message for next year. They would have pretty much accepted that they won't achieve growth and consolidating the minority vote will be the aim.

The Free Radical

The DA have become more and more feckless by the day, and are unprincipled. Time for a more centrist party to be born.

Nqindi

Expert Member
The DA have become more and more feckless by the day, and are unprincipled. Time for a more centrist party to be born.
They always been feckless. Thier major weakness has always been thier inability to rid themselves of white hegemony. They did attempt to camouflage it, mind you, by hiring brilliant black people as fronts. I am talking of Mmusi, Mashaba etc of course. Alas, white hegemony is such that it can't wield power in the shadows - it also has to be seen to weild it.

newjourno

Expert Member

The DA are now centre-right imo. They went this direction in order to re-appeal to their core voter base and will probably centre their campaign next area around the "fight BEE" message.

They were centre-left under Maimane and it did not work well.

newjourno

Expert Member
They always been feckless. Thier major weakness has always been thier inability to rid themselves of white hegemony. They did attempt to camouflage it, mind you, by hiring brilliant black people as fronts. I am talking of Mmusi, Mashaba etc of course. Alas, white hegemony is such that it can't wield power in the shadows - it also has to be seen to weild it.

They seem to be promoting Gwenn Ngwenya now and as much as she is an intelligent woman, I think she has insecurity issues around her identity. I mean she actually went all the way and disowned her Zulu name which was Sinethemba. Quite a lot of black people (especially those born in the 90's) and who spent their entire lives in predominantly white institutions did develop insecurities surrounding their identities and some do today. At the time, racism was less called out as it is today and was even normal in some circles so we can't judge her for this. At the same time, she does fit the profile of a black person whom white conservatives will like (she is similar to many of the black American republicans who gain popularity amongst the white electorate by slamming the black community). There is actually a popular Twitter user who had this sentiment but back-tracked who claimed that the DA actually contacted her to fast-track her up the ranks.

IMO, Sinethemba sounds like a better name than Gwenn.

Last edited: