• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I would classify them as conservative, which would make them "right wing". There's nothing wrong with being "right wing". It doesn't mean racist.
So, your average ANC supporter is wildly conservative. Think how zulu/xhosa/whatever patriarchy rules the household. Conservative doesn't equal right wing like it used to.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Mandisa Mashego from the EFF. This is good news before the local elections, they won't get too many votes but it is good to have them as an option.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
One of the comments on Twitter so true:

I think another political party isn't the answer
1) ANC has perfected vote scavenging via slogans - can't out-slogan ANC
2) Voters burn tires for service they don't vote for competence
3) By the time a new party has critical mass SA will be bankrupt

rietrot

Honorary Master
So, your average ANC supporter is wildly conservative. Think how zulu/xhosa/whatever patriarchy rules the household. Conservative doesn't equal right wing like it used to.
Monarchies are right wing. That's unfortunately just how the French organized their parliament.

Most ANC voters are monarchist/traditionalist/conservative and therefore right wing.

What confuses the situation is the ANCs left wing communist ideology.

newjourno

It looks like the leadership race for the DA is going to be a lot closer than most would like to believe. I've already seen quite a few DA heavyweights from KZN throw their support behind Ntuli.

Steenhuisen will probably win but not convincingly. It looks like majority of the white caucus will back him though probably not the rest of the DA.

newjourno

I have been following MM on Twitter and he is clearly now relating to South African's better than when he was in the DA. I'm not the biggest fan of the guy politically but his political IQ looks to have improved since he left the DA.

newjourno

Monarchies are right wing. That's unfortunately just how the French organized their parliament.

Most ANC voters are monarchist/traditionalist/conservative and therefore right wing.

What confuses the situation is the ANCs left wing communist ideology.
If I have learnt something, one can't use the western compass to analyze SA society. It requires looking at it from a unique perspective. They might have some conservative views but they also are strongly left-wing when it comes to economic policy etc.

In a similar way, a lot of people in SA believe in both Christianity and ancestral spirits. If you look at that from a Western perspective, it would not make sense so you have to look at it from a unique SA perspective where it does.