• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 38 15.4%
  • Please change the thread title

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters

CTSA

Just to clarify, everyone. UCT has its roots in the support of what was back then the local government. A seat on the university council was one of the conditions for government support of the then nascent university (which was otherwise largely backed by private funds/donations). And yes, traditionally it's always a councillor. And indeed, Geordin's statement is BS. Appointing a councillor by default does not make them independent (except for maybe being independent to the university's internal affairs and politics I suppose).

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
I was a bit surprised at first that GHL was made the Mayoral candidate for Cape Town because it's one of the DA's major territories and while he may be a decent politician, he just lacks the political maturity of someone like Alan Winde at times. It may be a age thing because very few young politicians have the ability to do these jobs due to lesser experience than their more senior counterparts, Bongani Baloyi and Chris Pappas are two but they generally not the norm.

DA better hope GHL does not stuff up.

Helen Zille said today that she is thinking of another term as federal chair in 2023 as she thought she'd retire but she feels so excited by her current role. Good on her --- she obviously has the primary goal of keeping the ANC below 50% in 2024 in mind.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Helen Zille said today that she is thinking of another term as federal chair in 2023 as she thought she'd retire but she feels so excited by her current role. Good on her --- she obviously has the primary goal of keeping the ANC below 50% in 2024 in mind.

Mandela knew when to step away from politics and that was good from him. He knew he would become a liability to the ANC if he had stayed on while Mbeki was there.

Zille was very good for a specific time but she's now outdated. Imagine her in the Presidency? She probably would have campaigned for a third term.

I do think Gwenn Ngwenya would make a good Federal Chair, just not a good leader.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Helen, like JZ, loves power. The only difference is that she's more educated, has lower libido, is less corrupt and is a little sharper.

Tim_vb

Helen, like JZ, loves power. The only difference is that she's more educated, has lower libido, is less corrupt and is a little sharper.

Power corrupts.... I don't believe she was as dogmatic and unsympathetic about the need to change unjust system but in the last few years starting around her colonialism tweets her thing has become far more rigid and she has clearly latched on to some aspects of white supremacy ideology.

I remember her being interviews on the Renegade Report in the time between her return to the Federal Council and her dispatching MMusi saying she had no idea what the alt-right was. This was 12 months after the Unite the Right rally took place in Charlottesville, Virginia. She been a politician her whole life and apparently has no view on what the alt right movement and its relation to the election of Trump

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Our new young mayor has a much better social media presence than the previous mayor, who was basically invisible.

Lots of new clips often!

Social media can work two ways as a politician. I saw it happen in our community.

One politician had a good social media presence but it actually worked against him as it caused trolls to flood his posts with overly negative posts.

On the other hand, other Councillours had poor social media presence and it didn't give the trolls a platform to use. They just hide behind the claim that they focusing too much on work to bother about social media.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Giliomee’s employee contract was terminated before an internal disciplinary process against him was concluded. He was placed on special, full-paid leave earlier this year after allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct surfaced.

The municipality and the DA need to take a little bit more responsibility on this guy, despite there being no charges, he was literally allowed to leave without facing a disciplinary hearing, looks like he was saved so that they can employ him again.

Incipium

No idea, what does it say in the article?
you want me to read before commenting? Are you a reading nazi? - something like that.
It's literally in the article, even in the first paragraph.

Don't be so ****ing lazy.
It's literally in the title.

Don't be so ****ing dense.

My question really went over your heads.

He is still accused, and there are only allegations. The courts haven't proven him guilty yet. Same as it should be for everyone.

As much as you'd like to see the DA and its members fail, everybody should be treated equally by the law.