Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Please change the thread title

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters

Mrcricket

Expert Member
Alan Winde is the man of action, focusses on what's really important.

DA might not allow that, Winde does not play politics and will not hesitate to call the DA out if he feels that they are wrong. Like the ANC, the DA also seek a candidate who will put the party first as much as they might deny it.

surface

Honorary Master
Alan Winde would be the best President in my opinion.
John Steenhuisen wins the popular vote, but I see him as a man of mostly words/ideas. Alan Winde is the man of action, focusses on what's really important.
IMO, Alan is not as charismatic and articulate as Marais. Thousands have migrated from DA to VF+ because of this. We need sophistication in politics not some village people.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
IMO, Alan is not as charismatic and articulate as Marais.
I don't think Marais helped the VF+ to gain substantial support apart from his hardcore followers.

The VF+ is more firm in it's adherence to conservative values. It is a better bet than the DA for strong conservatives.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
But what about Madikizela? he's been a good boy, he did not cause a scene when they gave Winde the premiership even though he is the leader of the DA in the WC. He supported Zille when she was contesting for the federal chair position, he supported Steenhuisen for the leadership, what more is expected from this humble servant of the DA?

As much as this is behind a paywall, you will get the message from the first sentence.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
As much as this is behind a paywall, you will get the message from the first sentence.

If there are no charges and Madikizela isn't arrested I will take it just as common political squabbles, like that woman who accused Msimanga of rape. Politics can be a dirty game.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

TheChamp

Honorary Master
His time is up. It took longer than I thought. Mbali is next.
Madikizela is no threat to the powers that be, he seems happy to support whoever is in the right camp, he supported Zille when he was competing against Trollip, he also supported Steenhuisen.

He did not grumble when they overlooked him for the Premier's position, he is always backing out of contests for positions to support the right faction, he honestly looks to me like he is just happy to have a job, I don't know why anyone in the dominant faction would have a problem with him.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
His time is up. It took longer than I thought. Mbali is next.

Not necessarily. If you are on the dominant faction's side, they will protect you, if not, they will find reasons to get rid of you. You may be right about Mbali and I fear the same for Van Damme as well.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Not necessarily. If you are on the dominant faction's side, they will protect you, if not, they will find reasons to get rid of you. You may be right about Mbali and I fear the same for Van Damme as well.
Msimanga also won the Gauteng leadership, if he was on the wrong side those sexual harassment charges would have seen him being chucked out.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
Msimanga also won the Gauteng leadership, if he was on the wrong side those sexual harassment charges would have seen him being chucked out.

True, Mbali likely also would have been elevated to National Assembly a long time ago if she was on the right side. If that was the case, JS would have not won with as much.

She was not elevated from KZN due to her fallout with Zille around six years ago.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Madikizela is no threat to the powers that be, he seems happy to support whoever is in the right camp, he supported Zille when he was competing against Trollip, he also supported Steenhuisen.

He did not grumble when they overlooked him for the Premier's position, he is always backing out of contests for positions to support the right faction, he honestly looks to me like he is just happy to have a job, I don't know why anyone in the dominant faction would have a problem with him.
There's a chance he's not part of the party's plans going forward. He currently occupies provincial leader spot, which may not suit direction the party wants to take. It remains to be seen if the allegations are true.