Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 23 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrcricket

Expert Member
Just as weird, ANC and COPE coalition.

Probably due to internal politics within that specific region. The politics in the Western Cape is very different compared to the rest of the country so it can sometimes seem a bit weird to those of us outside the Province.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
Terror must be too desperate for some cash to campaign.

True, in the case of the Western Cape, it might also be advantageous for them to side with the ANC since it will give their members positions and a bit of power.

In other Provinces, it is advantageous for them to go with the DA for that same reasoning.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
True, in the case of the Western Cape, it might also be advantageous for them to side with the ANC since it will give their members positions and a bit of power.

In other Provinces, it is advantageous for them to go with the DA for that same reasoning.
Pissing away the few people that still vote for them. Same with the DA teaming up with the EFF. That's why the DA is loosing voters. No integrity with these parties. The only one left with any is FF+ IMHO.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Pissing away the few people that still vote for them. Same with the DA teaming up with the EFF. That's why the DA is loosing voters. No integrity with these parties. The only one left with any is FF+ IMHO.
If it's up to Helen we will never ever see another DA and EFF coalition, let's see what the "leader" Steenhuisen says about that.

Oldfut

If it's up to Helen we will never ever see another DA and EFF coalition, let's see what the "leader" Steenhuisen says about that.
My view; foolish to think that a coalition with dishonest blatant racists will ever work if you are pale.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
My view; foolish to think that a coalition with dishonest blatant racists will ever work if you are pale.
My view, it does not matter if you are pale, local government is about service delivery, not some ideology. The road you need to get home is used by all skin hues, so is the water and electricity.

No service will be denied to you because you are pale. Mashaba made it work in Joburg, I don't remember any day where the ideology of either party ever being a hindrance to service delivery when he was a mayor, everyone understood what the job of a Municipality is and if there were arguments it pertained to the running of the city.

That's all there is to local government, if the DA feel that they are so against coalitions with some parties it's their choice, but coalitions are the feature of our politics, especially at local government. So yes, the ANC should find a way to work with the DA or the Freedom Front and the DA should find a way to work with the EFF.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
DA provincial leader Bonginkosi Madikizela is being challenged by Mnqasela for the party’s provincial leadership during the DA elective conference this weekend.

I was wondering when is the WC going for its leadership elections.

Oldfut

My view, it does not matter if you are pale, local government is about service delivery, not some ideology. The road you need to get home is used by all skin hues, so is the water and electricity.

No service will be denied to you because you are pale. Mashaba made it work in Joburg, I don't remember any day where the ideology of either party ever being a hindrance to service delivery when he was a mayor, everyone understood what the job of a Municipality is and if there were arguments it pertained to the running of the city.

That's all there is to local government, if the DA feel that they are so against coalitions with some parties it's their choice, but coalitions are the feature of our politics, especially at local government. So yes, the ANC should find a way to work with the DA or the Freedom Front and the DA should find a way to work with the EFF.
Ha ha, best of luck; you of all people who don't trust black people in the DA (to me, labelling it as a "white party") should ally with the EFF who want to kill white people (as well as having a leader who I reckon was rotten to the core in his provincial days and has a nasty smell around some of his minions with VBS Bank)? What could possibly go wrong trying to get them to buy into "service delivery"?

Mrcricket

Expert Member
So yes, the ANC should find a way to work with the DA or the Freedom Front and the DA should find a way to work with the EFF.

If the ANC saw the VF+ as a threat, they could potentially break them by offering one of the bigwigs like Groenewald an ambassadorial role or high profile role. If they made an offer to a number of elites from the VF+, one of them will be bound to accept, causing internal divisions.

I think this was the intention when Mbeki offered Kortbroeks a role in the ANC government to break the NNP, he did not forsee the DA growing to the state it did.

I think Mandela could foresee the DA growing when it was the DP. Tony Leon mentioned that Mandela offered him a cabinet position in his younger days.

Politics is largely about access to power and resources at the end of the day, something which some on this forum don't seem to understand.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
If the ANC saw the VF+ as a threat, they could potentially break them by offering one of the bigwigs like Groenewald an ambassadorial role or high profile role. If they made an offer to a number of elites from the VF+, one of them will be bound to accept, causing internal divisions.

I think this was the intention when Mbeki offered Kortbroeks a role in the ANC government to break the NNP, he did not forsee the DA growing to the state it did.

I think Mandela could foresee the DA growing when it was the DP. Tony Leon mentioned that Mandela offered him a cabinet position in his younger days.
Yes, it has happened before, their leader was a deputy minister in Zuma's cabinet.