• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newjourno

Expert Member
I'd even bring EFF and VF+ together to try and unseat ANC in one province or more.

It's a bit complex but politics can be strange.

They might deny it now, but if the EFF were on the verge of winning a Province, the DA will probably be willing to go into coalition with the ANC to keep them in power.

Sollie

Executive Member
Point of the post is to illustrate how important it is to band together to commandeer power away from Luthuli house. Of course EFF and VF+ can never work together, but with the DA in the middle, suddenly there's a chance.

I'm ANC? :unsure:
Card what? Lol. You're trolling me again, aren't you?
You troll, I troll. ;)

As for the card, no, I don't really think you are. But also let's be honest, some here are. As such I'm having a chuckle.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Okay, I will admit, I went home to my village one weekend and found that a brand new membership card of the great liberation movement bearing my details was delivered.

No idea where and when I signed up or who was paying for it all these years, I simply put it to the efficiency of the party machinery at Luthuli house.

It's been a couple of years now and I haven't received a new card, someone is probably sleeping on the job.

R13...

Honorary Master
Yeah, a winning coalition/faction unlike the clueless Mmusi who lost the DA votes for the first time ever since 1994 in a national election.
Not sure you should be calling him clueless. The DA was/is stuck in a position rut. So, you should be thanking him for forcing them to make a decision on what they want to be. They were straddling both sides of a divide and screwed however they chose. They lost the right wing vote and continue to lose it and will likely lose more of the black vote too.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Okay, I will admit, I went home to my village one weekend and found that a brand new membership card of the great liberation movement bearing my details was delivered.

No idea where and when I signed up or who was paying for it all these years, I simply put it to the efficiency of the party machinery at Luthuli house.

It's been a couple of years now and I haven't received a new card, someone is probably sleeping on the job.
:ROFL:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Yeah, a winning coalition/faction unlike the clueless Mmusi who lost the DA votes for the first time ever since 1994 in a national election.
He did well considering how he was sabotaged by the back office of the party. They failed to deal decisively with disciplinary issues, including failing to bring a former party exec who brought the party into disrepute multiple times to book.

They all dropped the ball multiple times in the past 5 years, culminating in the position they find themselves in. Time will tell

Sollie

Executive Member
He did well considering how he was sabotaged by the back office of the party. They failed to deal decisively with disciplinary issues, including failing to bring a former party exec who brought the party into disrepute multiple times to book.

They all dropped the ball multiple times in the past 5 years, culminating in the position they find themselves in. Time will tell
The back office is not to blame for him starting to play R-cards. Then Herman followed in that track. Ditto in between the DA youth league. That was exactly what we, the sane people, were voting against and trying to stop - race politicing. Hell, at that stage I would have rather voted for the EFF/AWB/... than the DA, anything but them. Ironically the thing that made the DA strong was the things that Mmusi and Herman trashed.

Last edited:

newjourno

Expert Member
They lost the right wing vote and continue to lose it and will likely lose more of the black vote too.

True, Steenhuisen does not appear to have the full respect of conservative Afrikaaners.Calling the VF+ "extreme" before the elections last year did not help. There seems to be a resurgence of ethnic politics so expect the VF+ and IFP to upset the big parties next year.

His core will be mainly English speaking whites and to a lesser extent Indians but he is hardly seen as iconic in the latter community as well, at least not as yet. Their trust in the colored community is also somewhat on the decline.

The DA as did COPE have an opportunity to be the political home of the growing black centrist/ conservative demographic but now that demographic is without a home and does not appear to trust them either. If Mashaba plays his cards right next year, he can claim that demographic. He is not doing himself good though by making sensational claims about foreigners which are later found to be blown out of proportion.

Last edited:

newjourno

Expert Member
I'll be looking forward to your comment after next year's elections.

They will most likely sing about MM and sulk about the electorate as the DA supporters usually do.

What I'm interested to see is if they hold JS to the same level of accountability as MM if they decline. He is part of the right-leaning faction so it won't be as easy for them to oust him on bad terms. It will lead to others, possibly including heavy funders walking away as well and will cause a massive problem for the IRR.

JS also does not have much to fall back on without politics (it's hard for even masters graduates to get jobs in this country these days) so he probably wants a role with the IRR or DA even once his term as leader ends.

newjourno

Expert Member
The back office is not to blame for him starting to play R-cards. Then Herman followed in that track. Ditto in between the DA youth league. That was exactly what we, the sane people, were voting against and trying to stop - race politicing. Hell, at that stage I would have rather voted for the EFF/AWB/... than the DA, anything but them. Ironically the thing that made the DA strong was the things that Mmusi and Herman trashed.

Helen Zille was the one who introduced racial targets into the party. Perhaps if it was addressed at that time, MM would have never been leader?

She was also his idea. Why does she not get her fair share of the blame?

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Helen Zille was the one who introduced racial targets into the party. Perhaps if it was addressed at that time, MM would have never been leader?

She was also his idea. Why does she not get her fair share of the blame?
In the US the Republican party has been overrun by Trumpism. In SA, the DA has been overrun by Zillieness

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I love how just because one doesn't believe in or pander to race politics one is right-leaning. I love how "England for the English" (aka white) is called far right, but "blacks must be majority represented in everything just because this is Africa" is left and (supposedly) cool.