• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Well that is racist nonsense and assumes all black people are communist and racist who only care about how black a politician is.

Traditional ANC voters will always vote ANC.
Revolutionaries with nothing left to lose will vote EFF.
But there is an large black middle class who can still vote for the DA. And their current strategy as aimed at them just as much as it is aimed afrikaans people.

Do you seriously think afrikaans people will be impressed with a few white faces, enough to switch their vote back? Lol.
One could argue that some of the black voters who increased the DA vote were traditionally ANC voters, even some of the leaders of the DA are traditionally ANC people who moved to the DA, voters do change allegiances.

Sollie

Executive Member
Few white faces? The DA leadership is predominantly white. Maybe you can talk of "few black faces."

Provide more details on the DA strategy to attract the black middle class.
Logical error: race based politics spotted. I think that's what we as a country need to get away from, what is tearing us and our economy apart.

But then again you know that, but will blame Aunty Helen.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Few white faces? The DA leadership is predominantly white. Maybe you can talk of "few black faces."

Exactly and it is irrelevant.

Not play identity politics after they have played identity politics. It's still kinda stupid, because we have bigger issues and the DA could do more like just running Cape Town properly again. I don't want their expensive water levies here by me.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
Do you seriously think afrikaans people will be impressed with a few white faces, enough to switch their vote back? Lol.

I do think that large sections of the VF+ and DA supporters vote is influenced by race,even though they will deny it.

Few voted for COPE (even though Lekota took a firm stand on the land issue) and the IFP may have policies which are appealing to them, yet most did not even consider it (it also does not support BEE etc) and is about as conservative as the VF+.

Last edited:

Mrcricket

Expert Member
One could argue that some of the black voters who increased the DA vote were traditionally ANC voters

It was quite a complex issue.

The non-turnout also increased during the Zuma years so the DA may not have grown as much as they would like to believe. Their core base also tends to be more loyal voters as compared to other parties. This is partly linked to class, eg you will be more likely to vote if you have a car and can access a fast- moving voting station than have to go in a bus and wait hours on end to vote.

Excalibur

Expert Member
I do think that large sections of the VF+ and DA supporters vote is influenced by race,even though they will deny it.

Few voted for COPE and the IFP may have policies which are appealing to them, yet most did not even consider it (it also does not support BEE etc) and is about as conservative as the VF+.
Apparently it's only the black voters who see colour, white people do not consider it when they choose parties. Never mind the fact that the majority of them are members of white parties, that's just a coincidence.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

If black people need to see a black face before they give their vote then they are racist.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

Few voted for COPE (even though Lekota took a firm stand on the land issue) and the IFP may have policies which are appealing to them, yet most did not even consider it (it also does not support BEE etc) and is about as conservative as the VF+.
COPE is in alliance with the ANC.

rietrot

Honorary Master

You might be to young to remember but COPE did great in their first year. Then they killed themselves with infighting and leadership struggles.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Ja, it's not like they were mistreated or anything in the past when another race was in charge
And their own kind has a better track record?

It is completely stupid to assume that just because someone has a nice tan that they can be trusted. That's like the worst criteria for measuring trustworthiness. Then at least resort back to propper tribalism which is slightly less stupid.

Sollie

Executive Member
I'm putting you on ignore, you are annoying. I have never had to do this on this forum.
The local race monger is upset with that he';s so transparent?

Agh, it's okay. I'll sommer give myself a Noddy badge. :ROFL::laugh::ROFL:

rietrot

Honorary Master
They must not see colour! Why can't they see that the white party has their best interests at heart?? White parties always had!
That is true. For some reason stuff just fall apart if it is run by anyone else.