The dangerous lives of bankers working in Joburg

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
The dangerous lives of bankers working in Joburg

Anyone living in Johannesburg knows that certain areas in the CBD are extremely dangerous, especially when compared to the leafy suburbs around Rosebank and Sandton.

According to data from Crime Stats SA, Joburg Central is the worst precinct in Gauteng in terms of reported crimes, closely followed by a number of surrounding precincts.

3WA

Executive Member
We are collaborating closely with other large institutions in the CBD to establish and maintain safety routes in and out of town,” the bank said.

“This required the deployment of over 150 guards just by Absa alone. We have also deployed four additional tactical vehicles and additional motorcycle mounted guards for rapid response
Perversely, the M2 road closures are going to make Joburg safer.

Jabulani22

How exactly do you figure that has any bearing on this?
I dont know , i just made an observation.
Maybe its because since some argue that crime is a result of poverty and it is my belief that usury creates poverty that making usury illegal would mean less crime all round.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I dont know , i just made an observation.
Maybe its because since some argue that crime is a result of poverty and it is my belief that usury creates poverty that making usury illegal would mean less crime all round.
Your belief is that usury creates poverty? Interesting... Would you mind explaining why you think it creates poverty...

Jabulani22

Your belief is that usury creates poverty? Interesting... Would you mind explaining why you think it creates poverty...
I could but it would be more fun for you to find out how predatory lending practices could push people into crushing debt (also known as poverty).

Techne

Honorary Master
Ag shame, the usury wankers getting a bit of flak. My heart bleeds chocolates for them.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I could but it would be more fun for you to find out how predatory lending practices could push people into crushing debt (also known as poverty).
So then you don't actually know and you just hate usury so thought you would throw that out in a thread relating to banks.

Jabulani22

So then you don't actually know and you just hate usury so thought you would throw that out in a thread relating to banks.
Yeah i dont think i was subtle enough about the whole predatory lending practices thing , maybe if i could shape the words to look like a t-rex it would come across better.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yeah i dont think i was subtle enough about the whole predatory lending practices thing , maybe if i could shape the words to look like a t-rex it would come across better.
Probably not because usury has fsck all to do with the vast majority of poverty.

Jabulani22

Probably not because usury has fsck all to do with the vast majority of poverty.
Maybe you should talk to all the people under debt counselling and consolidation due to the practice ?
Anyhow i said my piece and usury is bad for everyone ,if getting rid of usury stopped even 1 person from becoming a criminal wouldnt it be worth it ?

MirageF1

Expert Member
Err not really....in mid 90s had my Beamer broken into 2 times in 2 weeks in leafy Parktown North were I was staying.
House trashed by robbers in Morningside...(luckily my Rottie puppy managed to escape being killed)

And I worked in Marshall Street in ISM building for my sins :)

Jhb is/always was the pits for crime.

/ Nowhere's safe anymore.

/reality grip

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Maybe you should talk to all the people under debt counselling and consolidation due to the practice ?
Anyhow i said my piece and usury is bad for everyone ,if getting rid of usury stopped even 1 person from becoming a criminal wouldnt it be worth it ?
Bwahahaha so clueless it's actually hilarious...

Techne

Honorary Master
Cos one isn't necessary....usury has fsck all to do with the vast majority of poverty regardless of your stupid and retarded hatred of usury.
Oh look, a defender of usury by telling critics how stupid they are:laugh:. We need more of you. Heck, with this wonderful attitude people figure out much quicker the BS behind the current monetary system. Do continue:thumbsup:.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Oh look, a defender of usury by telling critics how stupid they are. We need more of you. Heck, with this wonderful attitude people figure out much quicker the BS behind the current monetary system. Do continue.
Oh another one... Though it's not surprising really...