The Division 2 requires a 90GB download to play

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Division 2 requires a 90GB download to play

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Ubisoft’s upcoming online shooter, is set to launch on 15 March with a 90GB download for PlayStation 4 users, according to its support page.

Additionally, from 11 March, users will be asked to install a “Title Update 1.5”, which is about 2GB and addresses audio issues ahead of the game’s release.

justblazethe1st

LOL, guess its not happening on my ps4. PC it is

i seriously need to upgrade my HDD soon

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
That's kind of become the norm of new AAA titles. Still double the size of the 1st one though I think. Will be quite interesting to see if it's due to lack of compression, on CompactGUI they had a less than 5% reduction in space with x16 if I remember correctly, let's see what the new game is like.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Yeah but everyone can just use the MoNice deals from Telkom and get 500GB for R49

Oh wait

Lupus

Honorary Master
I've got the key, suppose I better start the download.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Joke is the uproar Microsoft faced on Xbox One release, where it needed internet to play.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Expect a 48-52 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size will be between 88-92 GB.

Such a short article with so little information and mybb still gets it wrong...

Anyway, if you want high res and varied textures, you have to expect large downloads. Deal with it.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Nope, with all this download x before you play kinda makes the outroar mute.

Doesn't apply to all games. This is specifically an online multiplayer shooter so you have to update in order to play.

Most other games, single player, with an optional MP you don't have to unless you plan on playing MP.

The uproar is still very valid.