The Emotional God

Ponderer

Expert Member
GOD has a personality - HE has emotions.
It does not imply that HE is "emotional" (irrational).

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Wouldn't your life be easier if you abandon the god concept entirely?

You sure as shite would have a whole lot more time to post more meaningful stuff. You seem way too preoccupied with religions and gods and all things trivial.
Question

Why are you in the 'Philosophical Debates' sub forum if you have no interest in it?

Daruk

Honorary Master
If God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient then surely he is above all these traits that he seemingly attributes to himself?

Are these 'emotions' just metaphors to give humans an idea of what he is otherwise how would he communicate with us, but since anger is a trait of signifying weakness, what does it say about his inherent nature?
It's called anthropomorphism. Expression through emotion is not the same thing as being driven by emotions. The more you learn to guide them / experience them appropriately, rather than be guided by them, the more it starts making sense. All of that said, our emotions are grounded in our flesh nature - not so with God - so there's no 1:1 comparison that we can relate to.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Question

Why are you in the 'Philosophical Debates' sub forum if you have no interest in it?
Answer

That has got to be the most unabashedly ignorant question I've yet been asked on here.

I simply have to ask - was that rhetoric?

As a species we are naturally drawn to the big questions. God is a big question. Simple answer.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Answer

That has got to be the most unabashedly ignorant question I've yet been asked on here.

I simply have to ask - was that rhetoric?

As a species we are naturally drawn to the big questions. God is a big question. Simple answer.
You literally say in your quote that the OP should spend time on 'more meaningful stuff'

MR.C

Expert Member
@FrankCastle

This might interest your curiosity :

Watch The Story of God with Morgan Freeman S3 on Sunday 21 April on National Geographic (181) at 21:00