The energy drink thread

airborne

Executive Member
Red bull doesn't seem to get much love on this thread, too expensive, taste like k4k?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Not so. You still get the caffeine, taurine and all the other goodies that does not make you fat. Been drinking 0kj for years now and it works well.
Taurine in those low amounts won't really do anything, the caffeine is probably the only thing giving a quick burst of energy.
https://www.ndtv.com/health/chocolate-milk-better-than-sports-drinks-for-recovery-after-workout-says-study-1885371
You'd be better off and cheaper drinking chocolate milk :). Also if you're exercising as much you're burning off the kilojoules, the amount you exercise those won't last long.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
You'd be better off and cheaper drinking chocolate milk :). Also if you're exercising as much you're burning off the kilojoules, the amount you exercise those won't last long.
Why drink baby cow juice? Are you a baby cow?

airborne

Executive Member
Too expensive. I can't actually recall if I have ever had a Red Bull.
How does Red Bull still compete in the market being so overpriced, from what I've seen is its not only in Sa, Red Bull is expensive everywhere and still seems to hold top spot for overall energy drink sales?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Dunno what cough syrup has to do with anything.
Delicious is subjective.
Nutritious is highly debatable according to the latest science.
All energy drinks taste like cough syrup. Also they aren't nutrious in any form and studies have shown you would be better off having a full cream chocolate milk before and after due to the benefits it brings.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
All energy drinks taste like cough syrup. Also they aren't nutrious in any form and studies have shown you would be better off having a full cream chocolate milk before and after due to the benefits it brings.
You can't claim something subjective as fact.

Also, your studies are way out of date.

Lupus

Honorary Master
You can't claim something subjective as fact.

Also, your studies are way out of date.
Did I ever say it was a fact? The first two possibly, but the tasting like cough syrup is subjective, though a lot of people tend to agree. You might just like the taste of cough syrup so bully for you. I know some people think cilantro tastes like soap, I don't go throwing it in their faces that it in fact doesn't for me.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ah another overpriced Steri Stumpie zealot. Thought they're only on Facebook...
Zealot? I just like chocolate milk :) I wouldn't kill myself or anyone else over it. Come over to the dark side, we also have cookies.

Shannon88

The garage in my area has a special running. You buy two monster energy drinks and get a "predator" energy drink for free. Was sceptical about the predator but it actually isn't half bad. Same caffeine content as most monsters as well (32mg)

Lupus

Honorary Master
The garage in my area has a special running. You buy two monster energy drinks and get a "predator" energy drink for free. Was sceptical about the predator but it actually isn't half bad. Same caffeine content as most monsters as well (32mg)
32mg of caffeine? That seems awfully low as a cup of coffee is higher.

Pufferfish94

Anybody able to find Monster Java anywhere? Had one in London and New York and have been dying for another ever since!

Shannon88

32mg of caffeine? That seems awfully low as a cup of coffee is higher.
That's the highest caffeine content I have been able to find sadly :( (Although I drink enough coffee, in between the energy drinks, to make the ground shake. So having more than that in my energy drinks is probably not advisable! ;))

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's the highest caffeine content I have been able to find sadly :( (Although I drink enough coffee, in between the energy drinks, to make the ground shake. So having more than that in my energy drinks is probably not advisable! ;))
Are you sure that's not per 100ml serving? As a normal serving which is half a tin is normally around 80+ on most energy drinks isn't it?