The Fiat 500 & Abarth 500 Thread

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
1st pic looks like a generic blob of a car with no distinct visual features tbh...with a hint of VW bug (new) about it. :/

Rear pic looks a bit better

Fazda

Honorary Master
1st pic looks like a generic blob of a car with no distinct visual features tbh...with a hint of VW bug (new) about it. :/

Rear pic looks a bit better

If you knew the original 500, you would see that this is a very good version of a retro car - GREAT design and as solid as hell
'
Just go onto the showroom floor and open and close the doors to see how solid it is - impressive!

No point in messing with a brilliant design in the first place - if they have cleaner engines, and what looks like a slightl;y better sound system, then that's just fine.

A bloody nice car!

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
hehe...didn't mean to offend. I guess the styling just doesn't appeal to me.

dillinger

Had a rental for a month, 1.4 with the 6 speed auto box, was not the face lift. Was loads of fun driving it through the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia through the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests, had a GPS so I could workout the cornering and send it all the way. The seating in the back is not suitable for adults. The boot is none existent so you have to fold down the seats to get anything loaded. We managed to get in two full suitcases, 2 tog bags, 2 laptops and two cowboy saddles, needles to say that I could not look out the back. Would I consider one as a everyday drive, Yes. Would I pay the current price for a new or second hand one, no they are crazy with the pricing.

genetic

Honorary Master
Boring. Friend has one (not 2016 model), and it's nice, but nothing special. No power either.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Local pricing

6548ae2c63bfe81b53070ee352abb211.jpg

http://www.fiat.co.za/fiat-price-list.html

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Boring. Friend has one (not 2016 model), and it's nice, but nothing special. No power either.

I agree, drove a rental with the autobox and it felt severely underpowered. Gear changes were too soon (regardless of mode) and there's quite a bit of throttle lag.

genetic

Honorary Master
I agree, drove a rental with the autobox and it felt severely underpowered. Gear changes were too soon (regardless of mode) and there's quite a bit of throttle lag.

Reminds me of the Punto with some added flare - not as bad as the Punto though.

The Punto is just terrible.

XennoX

Expert Member
Drove one of these as a courtesy car when my Giulietta had to go in for a service, the overall experience for me was let down by the gearbox. The gear changes just weren't crisp. Granted I had the base spec. If would be an awesome city car, if the gearbox wasn't so clunky.

MikyMouse

Had a rental for a month, 1.4 with the 6 speed auto box, was not the face lift. Was loads of fun driving it through the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia through the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests, had a GPS so I could workout the cornering and send it all the way. The seating in the back is not suitable for adults. The boot is none existent so you have to fold down the seats to get anything loaded. We managed to get in two full suitcases, 2 tog bags, 2 laptops and two cowboy saddles, needles to say that I could not look out the back. Would I consider one as a everyday drive, Yes. Would I pay the current price for a new or second hand one, no they are crazy with the pricing.

They say that the new 0.9l is even quicker than the 1.4

MikyMouse