The Fidentia Trial - J. Arthur Brown

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
There are people out there who think it's not worth investing at all because of stories like this.

Reactions: ES1

TELESPHORE

This is only the tip of the iceberg. I think some prominent leaders and businessmen/woman are going to keep Shabir Shaik company. Plus all the speculations around a “suicide” in CT last year in September, by a person linked to Fidentia.

Rb1.6 just does not disappear.

Reactions: ES1

keng

I wonder what is going to happen to Software Futures ???.

SF is a self sustaining IT shop and is a subsidiary of Fidentia.

In their day to day workings a small number of developers sometimes assisted Fidentia IT department.

SF has many clients (contracts) like Old Mutual, Sanlam Vodacom etc. The company will probably be sold as a going concern to another IT outfit.

SF has never had anything to do with the inner working of Fidentia they are purely professional IT people.

The staff at SF are accustomed to the company being sold. The last crowd that owned them was MGX and before that CCH and before that .........

SF have been around for a long time and will continue long after this interruption is but a distant memory.

Last edited:

Snoekie

gosh..no one blaming the govt. for the Fidentia scandal? not even a long shot..bastards like that perpetuate the crime problem we have.. right up there with (not sure how to spell it..Kebbles buddy) Agliotti..and there are several more just like him..... every1 thinks the crime kingpins are new kids on the block with flashy beemers living in shacks...crime is not a new thing to this country..neither is corruption..the new crowd just aint as suave at it..

pietero

Fidentia Youth Choir

Over and above the thousands of widows and orphans who might go hungry because of this scandal, there is also the children in the choir to be considered.

A large number of these kids have literally been taken out of squatter camps and moved down to Cape Town. They were given the opportunity of a good education in one of the better schools in the country.

What is going to happen to these children? I am also a parent of a kid in the choir. Chances are that I will have to move him back to the Free State in the second term if a new suitable sponsor cannot be identified.

Children are already battling with the new FET (1 out of 3 Gr10's failed in 2006). To now have to move kids back into other provinces and schools halfway through their Gr 11 year, with a public exam scheduled for the 4th quarter (a dress-rehearsal for the Matric exams under the new FET) is going to have a serious impact on the performance of these kids.

It is interesting though that it took such a long time for all of us to realise that something is wrong (easy to have 20/20 hindsight!). According to the press these guys operated out of a rented garage as recently as 4 years ago and now they sponsor everything - rugby, soccer, cricket, choirs and apparently over 40 students at various universities.

They have also launched their 'Sport Academy' at the beginning of this year....

telkomsuig

Expert Member
gosh..no one blaming the govt. for the Fidentia scandal? not even a long shot..bastards like that perpetuate the crime problem we have.. right up there with (not sure how to spell it..Kebbles buddy) Agliotti..and there are several more just like him..... every1 thinks the crime kingpins are new kids on the block with flashy beemers living in shacks...crime is not a new thing to this country..neither is corruption..the new crowd just aint as suave at it..

Well nobody lost his/her life as a result of this crime...

Natas

Expert Member
its always sad when people get "boesaak'ed" like this....just like with the actual Boesaak incident, the money was meant for old peeps and orphans...looks like canned dog food sales are going to go up again!!!

Tassidar

Expert Member
Well nobody lost his/her life as a result of this crime...

This scandal relates closely to the Masterbond scandal in the 80s. As a direct result of Masterbond, 14 people committed suicide, and hundreds were left destitute.

Don't be surprised if we see some suicides.

telkomsuig

Expert Member
True, the point though is you can't compare violent crime to this type of crime. To steal R1bn through violent crime will cost far more lives.

Don't get me wrong though the people responsible should be sentenced to the full extend of the law. And South Africa definatly needs some kind of investors insuarance to protect investors from criminals like these.

USZA

Executive Member
Read the article properly guys; the curators are not there to dispose of the company's assets - they're there to act in the best interest of the investors and of those that could possibly be affected. On the short-term I'd say it's business as usual.

USZA

Executive Member
Rb1.6 just does not disappear.

No; part of that R2 bn, not R 1.6 bn, went towards the purchase of Facets, a woman-only wellness centre in Century City, and Sante Winelands Wellness Centre, a resort in Stellenbosch. Plus, Facets was bought for Arthur Brown's wife.

Tassidar

Expert Member
True, the point though is you can't compare violent crime to this type of crime. To steal R1bn through violent crime will cost far more lives.

Don't get me wrong though the people responsible should be sentenced to the full extend of the law. And South Africa definatly needs some kind of investors insuarance to protect investors from criminals like these.

Agreed. The point was only to highlight the fact that this type of crime can cause deaths.

Snoekie

well it does not directly result in death, however the point on your Agliotti..drug kingpin? when you get mugged on the street corner and stabbed 5times so that sum junkie can get a fix that is violence. a few steps further up..the sale of the phone..the transaction of narcotics etc..all have violent contact points.. Agliotti might not have killed anyone directly,but by his very enterprise he does. daily. With Fidentia, the potential creation of unemployment could perpetuate crime as an alternative..which is not strictly a SA phenomena.

Pikannini

Outrageous

If no one has anything good to say about this man or his company... then rather DON'T SAY ANYTHING FURTHER.

THIS MAN WORKED HARD AND I MEAN HARD TO GET WHAT HE HAS AND WHERE HE IS, WITHOUT TAKING WIDOW'S OR ORPHAN'S MONEY.. BELIEVE THE STORIES OF NEWSPAPERS AND BE THE GOOD STUPID DONKEY'S THAT YOU ARE.. WHEN ALL GOES WELL... THEN NO ONE EVER HAS ANYTHING TO SAY... WHEN EVERYTHING TURNS BAD... THEN EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING TO SAY..

JBFRobisher

Expert Member
If no one has anything good to say about this man or his company... then rather DON'T SAY ANYTHING FURTHER.

THIS MAN WORKED HARD AND I MEAN HARD TO GET WHAT HE HAS AND WHERE HE IS, WITHOUT TAKING WIDOW'S OR ORPHAN'S MONEY.. BELIEVE THE STORIES OF NEWSPAPERS AND BE THE GOOD STUPID DONKEY'S THAT YOU ARE.. WHEN ALL GOES WELL... THEN NO ONE EVER HAS ANYTHING TO SAY... WHEN EVERYTHING TURNS BAD... THEN EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING TO SAY..

Thanks for your well-meaning comment. To whom are you referring in your first sentence?

GavinMannion

Executive Member
I can only presume the honourable Agliotti :). The same one who has pleaded guilty to assisted suicide (which is illegal)..