The free VPN that allows you to watch Netflix US in South Africa

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Does it really change? Or have they removed the Walking Dead off Netflix? If I change to the America’s, I don’t find it in there.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Does it really change? Or have they removed the Walking Dead off Netflix? If I change to the America’s, I don’t find it in there.
I see eight seasons when I look in the US library.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
LAWL... Free VPN = notoriously slow because all the hackers are using it..

Dolby

Honorary Master
Express VPN gets me UHD/HDR - albeit takes 5+ minutes to actually get there. Without a VPN, it's seconds ...

I don't think content is as far away as they say anymore . US may have 20-25% more content that South Africa. I have it because some of the things I watch, happen to be in that 20-25%

DarkDragon

VPN express didn't work for me and they refunded my money. SmartDNS works and I'd don't see much lag if anything. The movies load a few seconds slower than on Neflix SA.

stiller26

VPN express didn't work for me and they refunded my money. SmartDNS works and I'd don't see much lag if anything. The movies load a few seconds slower than on Neflix SA.

I wish I had the same experience with SmartDNS.
Yesterday I registered and subscribed with them and did all the setup.
Now I can barely open Netflix let alone see the catalogue. If it opens it takes forever to load a series. When it’s loaded, the picture quality is very bad and sometimes buffers.
Then after a while Netflix cuts the stream and tells me I’m using a DNS proxy service.
I’m on a 50/5 fibre line and don’t get any issues with the other streaming services.

e4et

Expert Member
Now I can barely open Netflix let alone see the catalogue. If it opens it takes forever to load a series. When it’s loaded, the picture quality is very bad and sometimes buffers.
Then after a while Netflix cuts the stream and tells me I’m using a DNS proxy service.
I’m on a 50/5 fibre line and don’t get any issues with the other streaming services.

I basically had the same experience.
Using Telkom LTE

access

Honorary Master
Express VPN gets me UHD/HDR - albeit takes 5+ minutes to actually get there. Without a VPN, it's seconds ...

I don't think content is as far away as they say anymore . US may have 20-25% more content that South Africa. I have it because some of the things I watch, happen to be in that 20-25%

tried the different servers and/or vpn protocols?

Dolby

Honorary Master
tried the different servers and/or vpn protocols?
I just did what the tutorial said :)

I did need to change the server once though, as is wasn't going to UHD. Help guys recommended another number and it works ... Albeit takes a while to get there

access

Honorary Master
I just did what the tutorial said :)

I did need to change the server once though, as is wasn't going to UHD. Help guys recommended another number and it works ... Albeit takes a while to get there

ah ok, yeah they are very helpful and always available. best vpn out of the lot imo. tried them all at one stage.

DarkDragon

Have you tried support? Where did you enter the DNS? I have mine in the router and works great. I found that it doesn't work so great in devices individually. For instance if I add it to smart TV it works, but has issues movies stop playing poor quality message popping up saying I'm using a proxy.

stiller26

Have you tried support? Where did you enter the DNS? I have mine in the router and works great. I found that it doesn't work so great in devices individually. For instance if I add it to smart TV it works, but has issues movies stop playing poor quality message popping up saying I'm using a proxy.

It was on the devices initially then I did it on the router.
I contacted them and they said it’s on the ISP side and Netflix servers being in the US.
They will investigate and get back to me.
If nothing changes after the trial, I will unsubscribe and stick to the local Netflix.