The future will be built in Africa: Mark Zuckerberg

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
I somehow doubt the average African is well equipped to compete in an age of AI, automation & big data.

The Sugarmountain is just interested in Africa because its full of eyeballs FB hasn't monetised yet.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I somehow doubt the average African is well equipped to compete in an age of AI, automation & big data.

The Sugarmountain is just interested in Africa because its full of eyeballs FB hasn't monetised yet.

There is one pair of eyeballs in Africa he will NOT monetise .......

Tharaxis

Yeah, it'll be on the African continent, once the continent has proceeded to self-immolate and turn itself into a burned out husk. Then finally it'll be ready for colonization by those wily western agents.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Such nay saying bitches around here. Africa has the biggest growth potential in a world where growth counts.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Such nay saying bitches around here. Africa has the biggest growth potential in a world where growth counts.

Rhodesia. Once the strongest economy in Africa second to SA, they had it all.

Last edited:

Kilgore_Trout_Redux

Executive Member
There is no such thing as Rhodesia anymore.

Once Bo-Bo and his crew are gone, Zimbabwe is going to grow again.

Once the door is open to that kind of corruption it becomes very difficult to close it.

What people forget is that it is incredibly easy to destroy infrastructure and systems but expensive and time consuming to rebuild it and people in Africa tend to be content to let things decay back to primitive, iron age conditions. Just look at the Joburg CBD for a striking example of what the natural state of Africa is. From the jewel of Africa to an open sewer.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Educate the masses through technology i.e. Internet, Cellphones and Sat TV and allow them to absorb non restricted news sources at will and Africa will change , not for the better at first, but as the youth become enlightened and see through the "old guard" tosh , Africa will stand up!

Nick333

Honorary Master

Where does it count? If you mean in terms of infrastructure and consumption, well, duh.

I'm guessing the idea is that we have billions of people that need growth and given the opportunity that significant numbers of these people will run with it. This has always been the case and that potential has always been stifled (make that smothered in it's cot) by Africa's politics. What signs do you and the Zuck see that that is going to change anytime soon?

Pitbull

Verboten
He has a point.

Africa is the least developed continent in the world. If there is money to be made it's in Africa. However, there is a reason Africa is about 200 years behind. Corruption, greed, dictatorships and the likes. If Africa can short it's shyte and move on like the rest of the world, it will be the powerhouse on earth. The amount of natural resources Africa has mountains over the rest of the world.

Just too bad the inhabitants are too stupid to realise their own potential.

Pitbull

Verboten
When will that be do you think? And, how long will the regrowth take?

Actually read somewhere this morning he fled Zim yesterday. He's "apparently" sick...
Pressure is building on him. Only time would tell, I doubt he'll still be there end of the year.

:D

Nick333

Honorary Master
Actually read somewhere this morning he fled Zim yesterday. He's "apparently" sick...
Pressure is building on him. Only time would tell, I doubt he'll still be there end of the year.

:D

Well, he's not the only ****er in ZANU. Him dying want be the end of it. Let's say it is though, there is a long way to go for that country. It doesn't even have it's own currency. It's a non-economy.

Pitbull

Verboten
Well, he's not the only ****er in ZANU. Him dying want be the end of it. Let's say it is though, there is a long way to go for that country. It doesn't even have it's own currency. It's a non-economy.

Very true. Rumour has it his wife has her eye set on being President. But with the current protests and things I think ZANUPF's days are numbered. Only time will tell though. One can hope right?

diesel

Expert Member
Mark suckerburg needs to come spend some time in africa so he can learn that the only thing africans are capable of building is hell on earth.

element1

Free Basics aimed at providing people with access to basic services on their mobile phones in areas where internet access may not be as accessible as in more developed areas, is currently being brought to South Africans by Cell C.

Why are the other operators not getting on-board with this too. .

https://info.internet.org/en/story/free-basics-from-internet-org/

Free Basics by Facebook provides people with access to useful services on their mobile phones in markets where internet access may be less affordable. The websites are available for free without data charges, and include content on things like news, employment, health, education and local information. By introducing people to the benefits of the internet through these websites, we hope to bring more people online and help improve their lives.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Err if you doubted that Nigeria is booming then best watch this.

[video=youtube;i7598w4oCRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7598w4oCRw[/video]