The future will be built in Africa: Mark Zuckerberg

landryc

Only that over the centuries many have expressed optimism about Africa .... We are still waiting .........

I used to travel a lot in Africa. I used to swing from utter despair to bright enthusiastic optimism at least 5 times a year .... And then my last really serious trip to the DRC turned me completely negative after witnessing cannibalism in the Eastern part of the DRC .....

That cured me forever.

Where did you witness that? Where exactly in the Eastern part of the DRC? massacres? Yes. Cannibalism? I doubt.

BBSA

Honorary Master
With leaders like Zuma and Mugabe:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
You can't take him seriously if he says it while in Africa

The people that took him seriously have a % share in Fb now so Id at least hear him out.

Africa does have tremendous potential, just struggling to get off its feet at the moment.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Err if you doubted that Nigeria is booming then best watch this.

[video=youtube;i7598w4oCRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7598w4oCRw[/video]

I agree... but they actually announced that Nigeria is in a recession at the moment.

landryc

Google. Belgian Couple trip through DRC.

If he last trip in DRC was in 2003 I understand. There rebels was eating pygmée in an act of revenge and causing terrors in the north-east region of DRC (Ituri).

I'm from DRC and my family lives there. If i asked about that is because the tribes that perpetuate cannibalism (eating rivals and enemy tribes) are usually located in the north part of DRC.

The Eastern part of DRC (where a part of my family come from) is mostly massacre with Pangas (even if they have firearms) and the last Panga massacre was 2 weeks ago at 800 meters of the UN peace keeping post.

Each trip back to my country make me lose faith but I have hope for the African continent. The change is slow but in 50 years we will be much better than today.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
African countries are in an endless loop of 1 step forward 2 steps back.

The potential for an African Renaissance is there in theory...but I just don't see it happening.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Zuck needs to spend some time on the continent and read its history before making silly statements like that.

CorrieDeBeer

Expert Member
He has a point.

Africa is the least developed continent in the world. If there is money to be made it's in Africa. However, there is a reason Africa is about 200 years behind. Corruption, greed, dictatorships and the likes. If Africa can short it's shyte and move on like the rest of the world, it will be the powerhouse on earth. The amount of natural resources Africa has mountains over the rest of the world.

Just too bad the inhabitants are too stupid to realise their own potential.

Asia far outnumbers Africa in the Dictatorship stakes