The gaming PC you can build for the price of a PlayStation 5

Crumbl0x

lol they do this everytime. These Evetech-picked bundles and specs are awful, inefficient and makes no sense (A320 in 2020 lmao), no body is going to realistically pair an APU and dedicated GPU, rather go for the Ryzen 4750G or even upcoming 5700G bundle for a R1000 more and ditch the GPU for far superior bang for buck.

Reactions: ck1

bratwurst

Expert Member
Why would you a Ryzen 3400G? When the Ryzen 3600 is cheaper at wootware
How is the 3400g cheaper than a 3600? You do realise the bundle is 5199 which includes the cpu, mobo and memory?

I agree the 3400g is not the best fit here, however if you're adding a 3600 and a mobo plus RAM you'll go way above the 5199.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Thing is, four years from now I can still get laid using the Ps5 as a rouse while you'll need to explain to her what Ryzen is and how you are poor and saving up for a 5080ti something.

So based on that the consoles win.

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I hate articles like this. A gaming PC isn't just for gaming - it's an entire PC.

Add the R12,000 console cost on top of the price of a run-of-the-mill workstation and then compare what your money will get you. Spoiler alert: you'll end up with a really nice gaming PC.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Thing is, four years from now I can still get laid using the Ps5 as a rouse while you'll need to explain to her what Ryzen is and how you are poor and saving up for a 5080ti something.

Are you saying woman will become exclusives in the future and I'll need a PS5 to get a partner?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Easier and cheaper to just download a siterip of whatever frenzy you're into on your gaming PC.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Are you saying woman will become exclusives in the future and I'll need a PS5 to get a partner?

Step 1: invite her over for pizza, Netflix and playstation

Step 2: when you fire up the the lay station hold back so you don't outright beat her, but still win most of the time so she knows she's dealing with an alpha

Step 3: playfully nudge her as she "kicks your ass", she'll nudge back and then you lock eyes...

Step 4: well if you need to know what to do next you must be a pc gamer and I can't help you..

Genisys

Honorary Master

Step 2: when you fire up the the lay station hold back so you don't outright beat her, but still win most of the time so she knows she's dealing with an alpha

Step 3: playfully nudge her as she "kicks your ass", she'll nudge back and then you lock eyes...

Step 4: well if you need to know what to do next you must be a pc gamer and I can't help you..
So hold back, let her beat me, then I have a partner? So being a try hard is what I've been doing wrong all along? Time to order a PS5. PC isn't good for people.

Genisys

Honorary Master

What if I own a PS5 and don't understand step 4, is there a website I can visit like I can on PC to explain it?

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

I hate articles like this. A gaming PC isn't just for gaming - it's an entire PC.

Add the R12,000 console cost on top of the price of a run-of-the-mill workstation and then compare what your money will get you. Spoiler alert: you'll end up with a really nice gaming PC.
LOL why do they chose the 12k console but they don't put a Blu-ray drive in the build pc? So take 10k(PS5 digital) and add 4.5k for a cheap home/office pc that is more than enough for the average Joe. Please build us a Pc for 14-15k that can compete with the PS5 with gaming.

genetic

Honorary Master

4 years from now I'll still be able to get laid by using chloroform, which costs the fraction of what a PS5 does.