The gaming PC you can build for the price of a PlayStation 5

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Anybody who thinks you need a pc in this day and age are only fooling themselves. You do everything from banking to investing to sending out CVs on your phone already and lot of people have work laptops anyway. Don't be daft.

saor

Honorary Master
But I don't believe in the argument that a gaming PC in general is a better choice over consoles because you can use it for other stuff. That argument doesn't apply to most people, especially in the mobile age...
Yeah, but you forgot about the digital age. If someone develops an interest in a multitude of activities that require a computer for the most part (graphic design, sound engineering, animation, 3d, coding, etc.) you're at a dead end with a console. You can basically play games and that's it. A pc opens up a world of exploration should the desire ever arise.

So unless you're 80 with fkall intention of being interested in anything new ever, a PC still makes more sense as a useful item with broad use.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Woodwork, model building, painting, cooking, hobby photography, writing, blogging, vlogging, sports.... pc or gtfo.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
Anybody who thinks you need a pc in this day and age are only fooling themselves. You do everything from banking to investing to sending out CVs on your phone already and lot of people have work laptops anyway. Don't be daft.
You are

Let me whip out my p20lie and install visual studio. It's going to be great; can't wait run my vbox on it, it's going to be awesome. Plex is going to befok on it...

As I've said. There is no medication for this kind of idiocy.

But please continue, someone had to fill the idiot ranks

saor

Honorary Master
Woodwork, model building, painting, cooking, hobby photography, writing, blogging, vlogging, sports.... pc or gtfo.
You could do the CAD and layout design for the woodwork and model building etc on a pc. The photo editing, writing, etc etc etc. on a pc. Dafuq you gonna use a console for?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
You are

Let me whip out my p20lie and install visual studio. It's going to be great; can't wait run my vbox on it, it's going to be awesome. Plex is going to befok on it...

As I've said. There is no medication for this kind of idiocy.

But please continue, someone had to fill the idiot ranks

You realise these days you can code from an iPad if you want?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
You could do the CAD and layout design for a the woodwork and model building etc on a pc. The photo editing, writing, etc etc etc. on a pc. Dafuq you gonna use a console for?

You could but you don't need to. Are you guys deliberately being dumb?

saor

Honorary Master
You could but you don't need to. Are you guys deliberately being dumb?
The thread is about console vs pc. Not sure what comparison you're making. You can't do any of that **** on a console.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
A gaming PC does not equal a workstation. If you want gaming performance, you need to go 10th gen Intel - the fastest gaming CPU's out there, if you want workstation performance, you need to go Ryzen or Threadripper with a Quadro GPU, which isn't the best for gaming.

Gaming PC's tend to have kak CPU's and rely on GPU. Workstations need high-powered CPU's and a lot of RAM, non of which a general gaming PC has.

Looks like the new Ryzen series are the best CPUs for gaming actually. Intel has a slight situation on their hands.

Very conveniently you changed it now to Laptop? You only fooling yourself. Your average guy use a few Office programs and maybe edit(basic stuff) a few photos and surf the web. You can buy desktops for 4-5k that can do all that easy and fast.

I disagree. The cost is very comparable. If you can only afford a potato of a desktop PC - one that isn't even pleasant to use for work - you're probably not in the market for a R10k gaming console and the exorbitant cost of its games.

Lol not a chance that PCs are unnecessary. Both my mom and dad forked out for an iPad Pro + keyboard case each in lieu of the usual PC upgrade and it drives them up the wall. We offered one to my 82 year old grandma as an upgrade and she opted to stick with her existing PC.

Work laptop doesn't mean much as the family generally needs a machine to work on. I can't even manage my PayPal to FNB transfers with the mobile app or even the desktop site rendered on mobile. It just doesn't load the page. And if you're creating and sending CVs from your phone, well you might not be getting the jobs you want.

VoodooBean

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
You realise these days you can code from an iPad if you want?
Hell no. I work almost exclusively on web servers and I still couldn't do that. I'd sooner jump off a bridge.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
HAXXX !!! :)

Did it fall off the back a truck or something lol ... jokes
Been that way for years now. The licenses are legit. Probably just folks reselling the licenses intended for internal use that are included in Microsoft Partner subscriptions.

VoodooBean

Ja I see they are reselling them, but ... what if you / client bought it ( Gaming PC ) with Win 10 included at cost price ?

Some people are not tech experts and don't know these things with regards to reselling

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

Looks like the new Ryzen series are the best CPUs for gaming actually. Intel has a slight situation on their hands.

I disagree. The cost is very comparable. If you can only afford a potato of a desktop PC - one that isn't even pleasant to use for work - you're probably not in the market for a R10k gaming console and the exorbitant cost of its games.

Lol not a chance that PCs are unnecessary. Both my mom and dad forked out for an iPad Pro + keyboard case each in lieu of the usual PC upgrade and it drives them up the wall. We offered one to my 82 year old grandma as an upgrade and she opted to stick with her existing PC.

Work laptop doesn't mean much as the family generally needs a machine to work on. I can't even manage my PayPal to FNB transfers with the mobile app or even the desktop site rendered on mobile. It just doesn't load the page. And if you're creating and sending CVs from your phone, well you might not be getting the jobs you want.
If every statistic you give involves your mom, dad and grandma, you probably should get a life

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
If every statistic you give involves your mom, dad and grandma, you probably should get a life

Is that you Splinter? An eerily similar approach to personal attacks and disinterest in constructive conversation.

So that's 2 people on my ignore list.