• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

The Gauteng Heavy Rain and Hail Warning Thread!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Johannesburg - Joburg residents will get a reprieve from the excessive heat as cooler conditions are expected to be brought on by rainfall of up to 80 percent this week.

The South African Weather Service said although temperatures in both Joburg and Pretoria were expected to peak in the mid-30s on Monday, rainy and cloudy conditions would prevail for the rest of the week.

Forecaster Lebogang Mashile said “temperatures will also drop significantly and peak in the low- to mid-20s”.

Mashile said although there was no hail warning, the possibility of localised flooding was likely....
Read More...
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/gauteng-warned-to-prepare-for-heavy-rain-1994598

Last edited:

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
Whenever I think of rain I think of this A.G. Visser Poem

‘Ja, veertig dae agtereen
En veertig nagte lank gereën!
Dis 'n rekord tot op hede.’
‘Meneer, mag ek Meneer iets vra?’
‘Maar alte seker, Japie, Ja?’
‘Was die boere toe tevrede?’

Mila

Honorary Master
SO who had rain? and not this drizzle shyte we had. Rain that makes the trees sigh.

Slaught3r

Expert Member
My daughter dropped me off in Braamfontein at 06:05am, and left for Sandton. Took her 50 mins using the M1 N.
It's the roadworks breh. Changed my working hours to 6AM - 2PM until that shait is complete. Even when going through there at 5:40 it starts to queue already.