The Gauteng Heavy Rain and Hail Warning Thread!

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Hot. Mowed part of my freeholding.

Took a dip in the swimming pool, mow until dry, dip again, then mowed etc. Only way to prevent heat exhaustion.

Ich bin kaputt. Uff.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Looks like we can expect some rain later this afternoon and tomorrow over Gauteng. Can't wait, this heat toasted my spinach again. I really need to put up some shade netting.

Speedster

Executive Member
Looks like we can expect some rain later this afternoon and tomorrow over Gauteng. Can't wait, this heat toasted my spinach again. I really need to put up some shade netting.
Same here. Went to Chamberlain yesterday to get some shade netting and pool cover they have on special - they were out of stock on both. Anyway, looks like some rain is headed our way today

Segg

Expert Member
I see there is a chance of thunderstorms in the South of Joburg from 17:00 increasing in probability to 19:00
Maximum temperature expected to be 30 at 15:00

Also a chance of thunderstorms in the North of Joburg from 17:00 increasing in probability to 20:00 (so I assume moving up from the south and west)
Maximum temperature expected to be 32 at 15:00

There is a chance of thunderstorms in Pretoria from 17:00 - however the probability remains unchanged
Maximum temperature expected to be 33 at 15:00

From these forecasts I assume the storms are going to form in their normal places (Free State and NW Provence) and head north east towards Mpumalanga whilst crossing over JHB and Centurion possibly hitting Pretoria later in the evening

Current temperature trend for Johannesburg (Time in UTC)

meteogram_FAJB_tt.png

Luke7777

Executive Member
Long live 8SAI, the heat was not too bad for me, coming from the Lowveld close to the Mozambique border.
At least 8SAI was dry heat, no humidity.
When Riemvasmaak became part of a landclaim action years ago, I just shook my head in disbelief... why anyone would want that barren , brackish water, sh1thole was beyond me :D . On the other hand , heatwise we had no problem when we deployed 'further north'... since we 'grew up' in heat like that. Remembering airplane got stuck on the melting tarmac :D But I digress from the topic... apologies :(

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
I can handle heat, it is the humidity that does it.

My sincere prayers is that the areas with drought will get relief with good rainfall.