The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Itty-bitty hail for a couple minutes and now some light rain and moderate wind in Weltevredenpark. Just missed it on the way home.

APoc184

Honorary Master
something big brewing in garsfontein...
Yeah and it came out of nowhere! I saw the winds picking up a bit as I drove home. Went into Spar with my little list (that grew with each Whatsapp ping that came through).

By the time I got to the tills it was coming down "Katte en honde" as my mom always said.

And as luck would have it I parked in the furthest corner because I suspected nothing.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The weather this morning said nothing for us. The weather at lunch time said a possibility with worst east of us. The radar predictions first said storms were moving east and would just catch the south of JHB. Within minutes the direction changed and the storms moved north with a vengeance. Walked to the shops with a small list for the wife. Just made it home before it started and we are being soaked!

Drifter

Honorary Master
Took R82 home, then got hit by the storm on the way. Very very bad road to drive on when it pisses down hard.

ebendl

Expert Member
The weather this morning said nothing for us. The weather at lunch time said a possibility with worst east of us. The radar predictions first said storms were moving east and would just catch the south of JHB. Within minutes the direction changed and the storms moved north with a vengeance. Walked to the shops with a small list for the wife. Just made it home before it started and we are being soaked!
Crazy!

So far a good 5mm here in Garsfontein.

Arzy

Honorary Master
Looks like a good 20mm so far this afternoon and its still coming down softly.