The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Segg

Expert Member
Didn't get much in my area, however looking at the satellite pics there's a decent line of storms forming from around Mahikeng south south east to the coastline moving eastwards - they may hit us later this evening, but I'm not betting on anything just yet

voldoverse

Didn't get much in my area, however looking at the satellite pics there's a decent line of storms forming from around Mahikeng south south east to the coastline moving eastwards - they may hit us later this evening, but I'm not betting on anything just yet
just had the dirty car washed, now i wait.

#tookonefortheteam

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Thankfully our power came on at 6pm because it looks like some heavy rain starting here now.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Can see it building up from the southwest... lots of lightning in the clouds

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Pouring here in Die Wilgers. Really bad lightning. Lots of close strikes. Power knocked out 3 times so far. Tripped main CB.

Segg

Expert Member
Well there was more precipitation dripping from me during spinning class with no air-conditioning than there was falling from the sky in my area this morning :laugh:

Currently a steady downpour with the major cells to the north of me (so Pretoria direction)
Radar shows a slow moving, but damp system currently over central GP with scattered cells moving in from the west, we'll hopefully get some intermittent, but very isolated showers throughout the evening

ebendl

Expert Member
Pouring here in Die Wilgers. Really bad lightning. Lots of close strikes. Power knocked out 3 times so far. Tripped main CB.
Wow hectic.

Decent amount in Garsfontein, some thunder but nothing that worried me.

Kids afraid as usual.