The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Messugga

Honorary Master
Just drove into Sandton from the Bryanston side of things and it looked properly bad weather. Currently there's low visibility in central Sandton but looks mostly like it's due to dust.

APoc184

Honorary Master
It's all happening in Groblersdal at the moment.

Whatsapp video received just now of a massive hail storm that happening 30min or so ago.

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
Just drove into Sandton from the Bryanston side of things and it looked properly bad weather. Currently there's low visibility in central Sandton but looks mostly like it's due to dust.
Dust, cement, fine sand..all those good particles we breathe in every day from working here.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Dust, cement, fine sand..all those good particles we breathe in every day from working here.
That mine dust is some scary s**t...

"They note how the gold tailings of the Witwatersrand mining basin contain as much U as, or more U than, tailings from dedicated U mines, for example those in Germany or Namibia."

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
That mine dust is some scary s**t...

"They note how the gold tailings of the Witwatersrand mining basin contain as much U as, or more U than, tailings from dedicated U mines, for example those in Germany or Namibia."
Was in Welkom once. Wind was blowing the dust, and I got an instant asthma attack, and had to go to the emergency chemist for some relief... (yonkers ago).

Lupus

Honorary Master
Was in Welkom once. Wind was blowing the dust, and I got an instant asthma attack, and had to go to the emergency chemist for some relief... (yonkers ago).
There was once a strong wind blowing in Welkom where quite a few people had to go to hospital. Jury is still out if it was a twister or not. We'd have to consult Lazy Lion ;-)