The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
gif-calor-5.gif

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
At least we will be able to use fans during the rugby today. No loadshedding planned but they say the grid is under pressure. I suggest we braai instead of cooking - so we can keep the power for the fans and the TVs. It is going to be another really hot day.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Ice cream nommed

Just doing nothing, too hot. Need to start stripping the lawnmower, but fek that, this heat....

wbot

Executive Member
Chilled watermelon topped with vanilla ice cream topped with chilled blueberries topped with chilled pomegranate seeds topped with melted dark and white chocolate.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Chilled watermelon topped with vanilla ice cream topped with chilled blueberries topped with chilled pomegranate seeds topped with melted dark and white chocolate.

A real shame you ruined perfectly good ice cream and chocolate sauce with fruit.

wbot

Executive Member
A real shame you ruined perfectly good ice cream and chocolate sauce with fruit.
Nah ice cream just by itself always makes me too thirsty. Nothing more refreshing on days like these than ice cold watermelon. And also it's not chocolate sauce. Just a drizzle over the top. The moment the melted chocolate touches the ice cream it hardens for some extra crunch.

geezer

Expert Member
I went out cycling at 06:00 this morning, from Sasolburg to Parys and back. A round trip of about 80km. On my way back to Sasolburg, out on the open road (R59), my Garmin cycling computer recorded a temperature of just below 36°C!o_O One of the hottest cycling rides I have had in a while.

wbot

Executive Member
By far the hottest morning so far. Sun isn't even up yet and I'm sweating and sticky already. Looking forward to the rest of the day, gon be fun!

Had the longest cold shower earlier

wbot

Executive Member
It's actually cooler now than it was earlier this morning. Although temps will probably climb to 37/38/39 by 2pm.

Looks like it will be much cooler tomorrow and Wednesday. Not Thursday lol.

Segg

Expert Member
It's going to be a scorcher today... From the TAF's

OR Tambo 33°
Lanseria 36°
Wonderboom 39°

Only a 30% chance of storms mentioned for FALA, but I'll be very surprised if anything does infact develop

On a positive note, the lack of haze and the vibrant blue sky today is indicitive of an "unstable" atmosphere , which is conductive to thunderstorms.... Hopefully this remains the case throughout the week :)

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator

OR Tambo 33°
Lanseria 36°
Wonderboom 39°

Only a 30% chance of storms mentioned for FALA, but I'll be very surprised if anything does infact develop

On a positive note, the lack of haze and the vibrant blue sky today is indicitive of an "unstable" atmosphere , which is conductive to thunderstorms.... Hopefully this remains the case throughout the week :)
CAVU weather?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

OR Tambo 33°
Lanseria 36°
Wonderboom 39°

The Metars indicate extremely dry air, not sure why y'all complaining about the heat, its not Durban weather. Low humidity makes thunderstorms very unlikely:
METAR FALA 210700Z 15007KT 090V200 CAVOK 30/M02 Q1018 NOSIG
Air Temperature: 30 Degrees C
Dew-Point Temperature: -2 Degrees C

Status
Not open for further replies.