The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbot

Executive Member
Only 38C right now. And the wind that's blowing feels like an open oven

Flanders

Honorary Master
South Africa : RAIN!! LOTS OF RAIN!!! *cue kids playing in the mud etc etc*
Eskom : Sorry guys, loadshedding due to "Wet coal".

Hey! Coal stays wet for a very long time, y'know. Up to 2000 years in some cases - as far back as the arrival of Jan van Witbek.

Flanders

Honorary Master
I went out cycling at 06:00 this morning, from Sasolburg to Parys and back. A round trip of about 80km. On my way back to Sasolburg, out on the open road (R59), my Garmin cycling computer recorded a temperature of just below 36°C!o_O One of the hottest cycling rides I have had in a while.

Are you doing the 94.7...degrees celsius?

Emjay

Honorary Master
I went out cycling at 06:00 this morning, from Sasolburg to Parys and back. A round trip of about 80km. On my way back to Sasolburg, out on the open road (R59), my Garmin cycling computer recorded a temperature of just below 36°C!o_O One of the hottest cycling rides I have had in a while.

Clocked that in the middle of summer last year at about 11am in the Cradle. This heat is really crazy and I am glad I am not training for 94.7 or any Ironman.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Currently 28 degrees in the bedroom
Going to fire up the air con....

geezer

Expert Member
That was going to be my next question.
It wasn't that hot at 06:00 when I started out. But I did know it was going to be a scorcher that day , so I took it fairly easy, did the 80.7km in 03:05:16, avg speed of 26.1 km/h

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
All that resulted from the rain yesterday seems to be mosquitoes. There's a few hovering around my apartment today and I don't ever get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.