The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
It wasn't that hot at 06:00 when I started out. But I did know it was going to be a scorcher that day , so I took it fairly easy, did the 80.7km in 03:05:16, avg speed of 26.1 km/h
And lots of water I take it

wbot

Executive Member
It's cloudy, clouds are getting darker, it's nice and cool for now....... Do I smell rain?

Segg

Expert Member
How are the predictions looking for today?

Better than yesterday, but still nothing to phone home about :(

There's a 40% chance of light rain and small storms from 14:00

There will be some towering cumulus moving in before that - but we'll have to see if any develop into full on CB's

Aharon

Honorary Master
Better than yesterday, but still nothing to phone home about :(

There's a 40% chance of light rain and small storms from 14:00

There will be some towering cumulus moving in before that - but we'll have to see if any develop into full on CB's
Thanks segg. We will pray. Damn is below 50%

Segg

Expert Member
Thanks segg. We will pray. Damn is below 50%

Just remember the catchment area for the Vaal isn't Joburg, its more so the free state - others can clarify this better than I can though :)

Emjay

Honorary Master
It wasn't that hot at 06:00 when I started out. But I did know it was going to be a scorcher that day , so I took it fairly easy, did the 80.7km in 03:05:16, avg speed of 26.1 km/h

Yeah, that's a nice ride out. I would start at 5:30 am though, and finish while it's still cooler.

geezer

Expert Member
Yeah, that's a nice ride out. I would start at 5:30 am though, and finish while it's still cooler.
:thumbsup:This weekend's cycle ride will definitely be started at about that time. What also made that I cycled back to Sasolburg when it was getting very warm, was that I stopped for a coffee at Mugg&Bean. I just had a craving for a coffee, I did not have one before I started cycling.

I see the prediction for this Sunday is that is going to be just as hot!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
:thumbsup:This weekend's cycle ride will definitely be started at about that time. What also made that I cycled back to Sasolburg when it was getting very warm, was that I stopped for a coffee at Mugg&Bean. I just had a craving for a coffee, I did not have one before I started cycling.
wtf is it with lycrans and their need to take up an entire mugg and bean on a saturday morning, as if it's a lane on a narrow rural road?

Temujin

Honorary Master
wtf is it with lycrans and their need to take up an entire mugg and bean on a saturday morning, as if it's a lane on a narrow rural road?
Cos they spent all their money on insanely overpriced namebrands and to look like mobile billboards so can't afford starbucks? :whistling:

geezer

Expert Member
I can assure you I was the ONLY one at M&B that early on a Sunday morning in Parys!:ROFL: I think they just opened up, I was there at about 07:30.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

I see the prediction for this Sunday is that is going to be just as hot!
This last Sunday we started at 5:30. By the time we was done at 9 it was already brutal. (Although we did 120km so it might have been the pace as well as the heat...)

Status
Not open for further replies.