The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
ill eat my hard hat if rains from Saturday
FTFY :X3: :X3: :X3:

Do Sir want some chilli sauce, chutney or tomato sauce to go with Sir's hard hat?

We have a good selection of wafer-thin mints for Sir to choose from, for afters.

Speedster

Executive Member
Google is optimistic about the coming week. Do our local weather gurus concur?

Aharon

Executive Member
AccuWeather shows a couple millimetres with low to medium probability. Personally not overly hopeful, but hope I'll be proved wrong

R13...

Honorary Master
Double digit mm were predicted from over the weekend but I see that's been cut back to low probability of single digit figures.

We're getting the higher than normal temperatures predicted last week minus the predicted rains it would seem.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Very low probability of TS later this afternoon improving tomorrow.
Much better chance for Sunday.

Francois Marais

Well lots hope the weather guessing blokes got it right. Pancakes are for days when there are rain, so it better rain this weekend. Yearning for some lekker pancakes

APoc184

Honorary Master
According to News24 we should be getting our life jackets ready in Pretoria.

Can you imagine almost 400mm in 48 hours (Tue & Wed)? :eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops:

All other forecasts I've checked does agree with rain expected early next week but nothing close to the biblical proportions predicted by N24.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The rain bird has been singing everyday now since Tuesday. The flying ants have been very active every evening. Those are two very good indications of something pending.

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master
According to News24 we should be getting our life jackets ready in Pretoria.

Can you imagine almost 400mm in 48 hours (Tue & Wed)? :eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops:

All other forecasts I've checked does agree with rain expected early next week but nothing close to the biblical proportions predicted by N24.

View attachment 739007
you better pray they wrong! I'm not joking...

APoc184

Honorary Master
you better pray they wrong! I'm not joking...
Of course I am hoping they are wrong. Thus the emojis. But keeping a close eye on all weather sites for the next 3 days.

Our infrastructure simply won't be able to tolerate even close to that amount of water coming down,.

Lupus

Honorary Master
The rain bird has been singing everyday now since Tuesday. The flying ants have been very active every evening. Those are two very good indications of something pending.
Those aren't flying ants, but termites.