The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Wish it was me. Mother in law arrives. She will be staying with hubby for a while - kids and I are off to KZN next Sunday. So they can have "fun" together.
Why pick a dump like KZN?

Gordon_R

Executive Member
:)All I know is that this hot weather is costing me a fortune in petrol.
The girls and I are finding any and every excuse to hop in the car and go places just for the aircon!
There is something to look forward to in the middle of next week. A well developed cold-front is likely to push up the east coast and through KZN on Tues 3rd, bringing substantially cooler daytime temperatures (below 20C) to the entire eastern interior of SA on Wed 4th:

tmax2m_114[20191205_0000].gif

Genisys

Executive Member
There is something to look forward to in the middle of next week. A well developed cold-front is likely to push up the east coast and through KZN on Tues 3rd, bringing substantially cooler daytime temperatures (below 20C) to the entire eastern interior of SA on Wed 4th:
Finally, some cold. Never been this excited about a cold front

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I just drove over the Orange River at Alexander Bay about six hours ago, my word, this is the lowest I have seen it over the past forty years, then whilst driving between Port Nolloth and Steinkopf, vast tracts of barren red desert sands that have replaced traditional desert vegetation...

As the Boss would sing, "Troubled Times have come.."

Sinbad

Honorary Master
The As river is flowing again, Lesotho taps are open.

Now just some more rain needed there

• Haha
Reactions: XTM