The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

31mm overnight, over 80mm in total with more on the way the rest of the week. Storms predicted Sunday/Monday I see as well, that's going to cause problems with soaked ground...

Drifter

Honorary Master
M1N and M1S flooded. Why was the damn thing closed for nearly a year?? Double decker section.

TheJman

Expert Member
39mm recorded for the week ... so far..... and it looks like this is set to continue on for a while!!

Let's just hope it's falling in the catchment areas!!

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Well now if we could prove that I would have evidence to cite you as partly responsible for the collapse of my wall :ROFL: :unsure:
I am extra happy that nothing can be proven :ROFL: Besides - you would have a tough time getting your insurance company to accept that as the cause :ROFL: and I would rather you didn't try o_O
/walks around property to ensure no possible evidence exists

TheJman

Expert Member
Good news ... (not sure if someone posted it earlier) but the Lesotho Highlands Water Project tunnel has been reopened - Rand Water post indicates that it will take between 10-15 days for water to start flowing into the Vaal from the tunnel

Lupus

Honorary Master
There you go, we have someone to blame. Now, lets go burn down a school or something. Bring your own petrol.
Oh we've known about it for awhile, the ANC just wanted to call their ineptitude a drought.