The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

ghostim

Expert Member
Good day all, please note Nellmapius close to Luton is currently under deep water. Avoid if possible.
Avoid low water Bridges they will probably be flooded soon.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just dark here in Wilgeheuewel, but after two weeks ago would prefer little rain

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Reports of flooding over parts of Namibia filtering in..... some stunning flood video's doing the rounds,
A Farmer in the South of Namibia, a friend, sent an email on to us yesterday, super excited, showing a small river in flood on his farm, first time in 90 years that it has flowed....

Everyone up this end of the world, Black, White and Coloured are all excited about this....... so much rain, eventually...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Reports of flooding over parts of Namibia filtering in..... some stunning flood video's doing the rounds,
A Farmer in the South of Namibia, a friend, sent an email on to us yesterday, super excited, showing a small river in flood on his farm, first time in 90 years that it has flowed....

Everyone up this end of the world, Black, White and Coloured are all excited about this....... so much rain, eventually...
Great news for you guys and it is a sight to see when the southern part of SWA floods around Keetmanshoop and Grunau! Saw that once many many years ago! Hope you will post some pics and videos! :D :cool:

Segg

Expert Member
Nam seems to have been getting some good rains this entire week so far, I'm not sure why the rain only arrived in GP now (there's been a rather persistent high pressure) as this weather system has been going on for the past week already, bringing rain from Nam, diagonally down right into the Eastern Cape and KZN, its only really now that we're seeing some rain in GP

EDIT: The TAF's are predicting heavy rain again from midnight tonight until 06:00 tomorrow morning, similar (but probably not as heavy) as the rains on the 7th :)

sat.gif

Last edited:

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Good day all, please note Nellmapius close to Luton is currently under deep water. Avoid if possible.
Avoid low water Bridges they will probably be flooded soon.
I drove through that - a white convertible got stuck

Stokstert

Executive Member
Great news for you guys and it is a sight to see when the southern part of SWA floods around Keetmanshoop and Grunau! Saw that once many many years ago! Hope you will post some pics and videos! :D :cool:
1972 or 73 can't remember which year but have driven in the heavy rain from Windhoek to Pretoria. In some places in the south of SWA one had to guess the road as it was one big sea of water. The road from Upington to Olifantshoek was ready to be tarred but destroyed by the big rains and a slippery nightmare to drive. Took us more than 5 hours for the stretch, more next to the road than on it.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Quite a few of us were upset when they tarred that road. It was a real off-road adventure to drive between Upington and Olifantshoek :D

willsotaku

Had some severe thunder in Centurion Highveld, our complex gate system is destroyed intercoms no longer working nor can you call the gate via phone. 3 TVs blown in total so far from reports via the whatsapp group thats when the first strike landed with a loud bang and the power surged.

Segg

Expert Member
Had some severe thunder in Centurion Highveld, our complex gate system is destroyed intercoms no longer working nor can you call the gate via phone. 3 TVs blown in total so far from reports via the whatsapp group thats when the first strike landed with a loud bang and the power surged.
Get 1/some of these for your DB board - no guarantee it will work against a direct strike, but better to have it installed than nothing at all - I'v got a few installed and touch wood I've never had issues except with lightning coming through my old DSL line a couple of years ago :rolleyes:

willsotaku

Get 1/some of these for your DB board - no guarantee it will work against a direct strike, but better to have it installed than nothing at all - I'v got a few installed and touch wood I've never had issues except with lightning coming through my old DSL line a couple of years ago :rolleyes:

Thanks we have one of those in our unit will pass it on in the complex group for others might be way i have no damage our side have one of them in DB Board and surge protector plugs in all the plugs