The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Temujin

Executive Member
Wow, WTH, no foreplay, build up, nothing, not even a few drops to announce its going to begin, just silence, and then hail downpour

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Heathen here:- I am beginning to hate these heavy rains thanks to my house . Since my renovations/repairs. Every time it rains, my pool overflows (nice problem to have) . But tonight, skylight is leaking , undercover patio is still getting flooded and not from the pool or roofm i can't work out where it's origin is. Doesn't seem to be the roof which I had repaired a few weeks ago and had thought was the original cause of leak.

FML

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Heathen here:- I am beginning to hate these heavy rains thanks to my house . Since my renovations/repairs. Every time it rains, my pool overflows (nice problem to have) . But tonight, skylight is leaking , undercover patio is still getting flooded and not from the pool or roofm i can't work out where it's origin is. Doesn't seem to be the roof which I had repaired a few weeks ago and had thought was the original cause of leak.

FML
Homeownership sucks the fun out of life

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Homeownership sucks the fun out of life
Yup. Climbed into roof. Few new sections leaking, think valleys are getting overloaded. But also some broken tiles.

Still can't figure out why patio has flooded.

Another 20 min pool backwash for me tomorrow.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
What are the forecasts for today @Segg or anyone else
Yeah, I am sweating with anticipation. Can't trust Google weather or even dark sky. My patio is a nightmare. Ran the pool on backwash for 25 mins today. Took out about 4cm (it's a big 10x6m very deep pool)

Need to know where I can find one of those big yellow sanlam umbrellas to put over the house

Segg

Expert Member
What are the forecasts for today @Segg or anyone else
Sorry I was in KZN this weekend

The thunderstorms there were magnificent, overlooking the area to the east of my location the sky was quite literally dancing with lightning, with less than once second between flashes with multiple cells - nights like those make me stand back in awe of nature

But back onto topic - it looks like a dry evening, with the possibility of some storms tomorrow from 14:00

A very slight chance of some light rain in the early hours of the morning, but looking at the radar and satellite pics, I'd say this is unlikely

TribbleZA

Honorary Master

The thunderstorms there were magnificent, overlooking the area to the east of my location the sky was quite literally dancing with lightning, with less than once second between flashes with multiple cells - nights like those make me stand back in awe of nature

But back onto topic - it looks like a dry evening, with the possibility of some storms tomorrow from 14:00

A very slight chance of some light rain in the early hours of the morning, but looking at the radar and satellite pics, I'd say this is unlikely
So no point dancing then? Probably a good thing - have tons of work to do

Aharon

Executive Member

Many thanks as always sir! Pleased you enjoyed the Durban thunderstorms and hope you back safe

Lupus

Honorary Master

FML
I have similar issues, I can't wait for winter so some places can dry properly so I can get damp proofing sorted.