The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yup. Climbed into roof. Few new sections leaking, think valleys are getting overloaded. But also some broken tiles.

Still can't figure out why patio has flooded.

Another 20 min pool backwash for me tomorrow.
That's pretty cool, my pool isn't overflowing: (

Neuk_

Expert Member
We have just had an entire cupboard on one side of out kitchen replaced and the trim on another on the other side of the kitchen and Saturday's downpour on Saturday night has sprung another leak :rolleyes:

Lupus

Honorary Master
We have just had an entire cupboard on one side of out kitchen replaced and the trim on another on the other side of the kitchen and Saturday's downpour on Saturday night has sprung another leak :rolleyes:
The big one in February cost me 3 ceilings, the 4th one luckily dried. Only after I replaced the one for R9k did someone say get insurance involved, which I did and they fixed the other two. I know your pain, also all the tiles around the pool basically are all lose around the one end now, grass is happily growing through now :-(

Neuk_

Expert Member
The big one in February cost me 3 ceilings, the 4th one luckily dried. Only after I replaced the one for R9k did someone say get insurance involved, which I did and they fixed the other two. I know your pain, also all the tiles around the pool basically are all lose around the one end now, grass is happily growing through now :-(
The initial damage to our kitchen was from January 2019 which affected the ceiling, cupboards, skylight and some of the parquet flooring close to the kitchen. We sorted out the skylight and waterproofing soon after the initial damage when weather permitted, then tackled the ceiling and painting with the cupboards being left for last as it was a lot of work and we wanted to make sure we had sorted the leaks. We thought we had, we obviously hadn't, it looks to be a small leak that I will have to tackle in the winter but one brand new finishing panel is already showing signs of water damage.

Lupus

Honorary Master
The initial damage to our kitchen was from January 2019 which affected the ceiling, cupboards, skylight and some of the parquet flooring close to the kitchen. We sorted out the skylight and waterproofing soon after the initial damage when weather permitted, then tackled the ceiling and painting with the cupboards being left for last as it was a lot of work and we wanted to make sure we had sorted the leaks. We thought we had, we obviously hadn't, it looks to be a small leak that I will have to tackle in the winter but one brand new finishing panel is already showing signs of water damage.
Eish :-( yeah I've still got a leak somewhere in my bedroom, but also have to wait for winter.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Eish :-( yeah I've still got a leak somewhere in my bedroom, but also have to wait for winter.
Winter is going to be busy in that case, I have a few small leaks in our main garage and need to add some better drainage at the back of our property.

McT

The Humble Scot!
The skies are dark toward the far east. 'n Moerse storm appears imminent :eek: