The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Good rain here in Die Wilgers. I have another blocked drain again, very fine hail heaped up. Will have to go out and clear the drain soon.

zx14

And back again in Edenvale, but light rain from a mostly clear sky, but some lightning over the airport.

Toxxyc

Executive Member
Had one hella storm in Pretoria, Moot area. Was great. Cooled down, watered the lawn and gardens, loved it. Small hail that hit at one hell of an angle due to the wind, with no damage, so I can't complain! Will check the mms in a bit.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Quite a bit of rain in Wilgeheuwel last night, ground is still soaked. Seems the roof in our room only leaks when the rain comes in from a certain angle sigh.

Toxxyc

Executive Member
OK I measured 34mm for last night's storm, it seems. I suspect a crapload more came down as there's a roof near the meter and the rain came from the roof's side, for the most part, so I think a lot of it missed.

Luke7777

Executive Member
25mm in total, 15 during the first windy noisy batch, followed by the remainder a bit later.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
No hail at home.

I was at the office when the storm broke loose. Watched the storm for a while, phoned my wife and told her no way am I going out in this storm, I'm going to wait until it pass before returning back home. (Was at the office doing weekly offline backups).

Two trees (one front, one rear) lost a branch or two. Luckily no damage to buildings or infra.

Cleanup operations will commence sometimes this week as the responsible person will have to plan this extra work for his crew (yes, we are exempted from lockdown).

Somebody will score the wood for his/her house... nice for a fire but not for a braai.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Heh.
ba4ef2c7c00ae3170c00ef65ad35d0c9.jpg

Spot of hail

Status
Not open for further replies.