The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segg

Expert Member
So the wind changed direction a little bit :ROFL: PTA expect hail the rest of us, some rain

Capture.JPG

cavedog

Honorary Master
Took a nap sounds like Guy Fawkes outside. Lot's of thunder medium intensity rain.

Centurion

Speedster

Honorary Master
We heard what sounded like a low flying aircraft hovering overhead (not exaggerating). I went outside to see what it was and noticed serious wind in the trees a block or two away. A few minutes later the hail hit us with a vengeance.

It's calmed down now and the kids are eating an ice cream tub full of grape-sized hail.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
One H of a storm here in Die Wilgers. Hail heaped against garage door so much I could not open it. Had to use a spade to clear it away. Some of the worst lightning for the season.
Considering we were supposed to have a 30% chance today, this was quite incredilble

Segg

Expert Member
We heard what sounded like a low flying aircraft hovering overhead (not exaggerating)

Probably the SAAF Caravan or Kingair - they've been very active since this lockdown started, if it sounded "larger" it's probably herc 401 :)

Drifter

Honorary Master
We had quite a heavy downpour with small hail, then settled into a soft drizzle. 18mm last night.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
We heard what sounded like a low flying aircraft hovering overhead (not exaggerating). I went outside to see what it was and noticed serious wind in the trees a block or two away. A few minutes later the hail hit us with a vengeance.

It's calmed down now and the kids are eating an ice cream tub full of grape-sized hail.

Very localised stuff at times. I was braaing and heard what sounded like a very f'd up car engine with no lube as a bunch of heavy rain.hail went by about 50 meters and further away. Then we got our own rain, but no hail, a minute later.

Status
Not open for further replies.