The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
5 mm in Die Wilgers PTA. No snow or sleet, temperature did not drop sufficiently for that. No ice in birdbath either.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Ja was 7 degrees when I woke up at 6am...definitely not snow territory

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
This morning dawned nice and clear. I was overjoyed to think we'll be getting some sunny time today...

...and was depressed when I checked the state of the sky later on.... overcast and miserable.

Cius

Executive Member
Did check the rain gauge this morning and over the past 24 hours was 20.5 mm. Incredible rain for winter! Just so cold! Still very overcast around Randburg although we had some sun today.

Flanders

Honorary Master
For me the most depressing is the typical frigid, dry, clear highveld winter where the sky is brown and the grass is brown and the sun shines but it's like a fridge light.

I like a bit of rain to bring some atmosphere so haven't minded this weather at all. Maybe I'm more suited to a CPT type winter.

Regardless, I'm definitely more of a summer person.

Segg

Expert Member
This morning dawned nice and clear. I was overjoyed to think we'll be getting some sunny time today...

...and was depressed when I checked the state of the sky later on.... overcast and miserable.
+1

I've had to do some serious self motivation to get ready for a 5km run - my mercury thermometer outside says its currently 14 :cautious:

voldoverse

Expert Member
So i keep seeing weather articles being shared speaking of things like rain and snow and yet checking accuweather i dont see anything of the sort being forecasted.

So can gauteng expect anything?

Lupus

Honorary Master
So i keep seeing weather articles being shared speaking of things like rain and snow and yet checking accuweather i dont see anything of the sort being forecasted.

it keeps blowing over

powermzii

Expert Member

Today has been much colder than the rest of the week in PTA

12/1 in PTA on sat, that's a lot colder than the last month or so.

May get down to freezing and below further south, doubt it will snow.

Weirdly tomorrow is actually warmer, I'm expecting one hell of a wind early Saturday.

Arzy

Honorary Master
Everyone else is going ballistic about this cold front, people in Gauteng get to think bout it as a typical summer afternoon except it's cold.