The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonSwanson

Expert Member
That was quite the little downpour!
Also a bit of hail.

Edit: streetlights came on at ten to four.
My day/night switched lights came on at 15H30, solar panels gave their last gasp (86W) of power at 15H46 and the Sunsynk inverter started servicing loads switched from batteries at 15H28.

All for 3.5mm of rain (Midrand/Kyalami). But at least my panels and car are washed clean, and it smells great!

ebendl

Expert Member
Just picked up again in Garsfontein after lotsa wind and few big fat drops earlier.

jacosmit

Expert Member
Meh, enough drops in Clubview that I had to use my windscreen sprayer to clean it on our why home.

B-1

Ran around at the start of the rain throwing fertiliser for the grass only to be disappointed by the little rain :mad:

Segg

Expert Member
Waking up and overlooking Sandton yesterday morning through the heavier than usual haze I didn't expect to get any storms yesterday :D (haze and inversion layers are indicative of a stable atmosphere)

Lo and behold we had some rain :) today it appears there are some towering cumulus forecast to appear from around 13:00 and small storms resulting from those TCu's from around 15:00

I really like what I'm seeing on the satellite image this morning - sorry Cape Town :laugh: looks like a shyte day for you guys :p Joburg is already 2 degrees above your maximum temperature of 17 and will climb to between 28 and 31

Capture.JPG

Arzy

Honorary Master
Was quite perturbed yesterday. Saw the clouds coming up from the south and across from the west and did my damndest to entice some rain.

Both cars were washed, garden work was started and completed, even went as far as doing some plumbing around the pool.

The wind came up, thunder bellowed, read all your musings on the few scattered showers.

Sadly, LA had not even a drop.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Nothing for us either. Just wind, a tree fallen over and a council team clearing it in the middle of the night on a weekend! Now that was such a rare sight and event apparently, the over 30 Whatsapp messages were generated as king what all the noise was about in the middle of the night.

Segg

Expert Member
Okay so the earlier forecasts were slightly off, the storms we were supposed to get this afternoon have formed over the Free State and KZN, however I wouldn't rule out getting some rain tonight, as there seems to be some development in the west

Sat.JPG

Bethlehem.JPG

OTD.JPG

Genisys

Honorary Master
I can only hope for some rain, the temps are getting close to summer temps quickly now

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I can only hope for some rain, the temps are getting close to summer temps quickly now
30 degrees forecast at the vaal on Friday.
Also 18 knots of wind. Water is still very cold. This is going to hurt a little

Status
Not open for further replies.