The Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genisys

Honorary Master
30 degrees forecast at the vaal on Friday.
Also 18 knots of wind. Water is still very cold. This is going to hurt a little
Some sunscreen might be in order. Seems like Tuesday will be a little more tolerable. The forecasts the past while have been a little off, so not getting my hopes up for Tuesday.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Some sunscreen might be in order. Seems like Tuesday will be a little more tolerable. The forecasts the past while have been a little off, so not getting my hopes up for Tuesday.
Problem is striking the balance between staying dry and staying cool, without getting too cold.

Aharon

Honorary Master
Spot on as usual @Segg. Some lightening and wind in randburg... I'm sure I heard a drizzle but them ground is dry

ebendl

Expert Member
I hear a rumble coming from the south too.
And just started raining here in Garsfontein.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

Temperatures will be significantly cooler on Tues 22nd, not specifically from rain, but the remnants of a cold-front moving across the central and eastern half of the country:

tmax2m_066[20200923_0000].gif

Segg

Expert Member
Although there was some rain last night it wasn't as heavy or widespread as I would have hoped :( after the sun set the convective energy I assume the storms were using disappeared, I was actually watching the cells shrink as they made their way to GP last night :(

The chance for rain looks lower than yesterday, and the satellite image doesn't look too promising either, unfortunately tomorrow morning is cloudy and cold as Gordon pointed out :( but it should clear and warm up to the early 20's by the afternoon :D

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Very poor prospects for today and tomorrow, although something might be possible over the NNC and FS later afternoon tomorrow.

zx14

Giant rain spider just strolled into the lounge, so here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.