The Gender Debate

Emjay

Executive Member
There is a lot going on in the gender debate with regard to women's rights, transgenderisim and the outright hostility towards white men in general lately.

Thought it would be better to put all of this into one thread to share information and maybe discuss some of these things in more detail.

Ok, so straight to it.

Here is a thread discussing how a fake study concluding that only 5% of women's CVs were chosen when applying for tech positions was shared quite a bit online. You can dig down into this for more information.

I am starting to see an alarming number of these fake and questionable studies around. I am in tech and have a lot of CVs that come across my desk, and not once have I ever seen a female apply for one of the core technical type positions. We have a ton of women in supporting roles like project management, training, etc however. Even in my organisation the more junior technical positions have zero female applicants. If the workplace is so sexist, and hostile, how are they preventing young women from even applying? Before I get accused of being ignorant of sexism, I am not denying it exists in the workplace. I just don't think it is entrenched to the extent that mainstream media and the feminist movement seems to say it is.

gamer16

Honorary Master

Yeah but on a serious note I feel woman (some) are ripping the whole thing out of proportion to such an extent that it'll generate a greatly negative response over time. Going out looking for trouble seems to be prevalent, thinking they are above others also. Can't remember where I read it or if it was true but saw something about a memo going around wall street as a guide on how to treat women in the office space, the jist of it was avoid any contact at all costs, which is bad for them but its of their own doing.

Nick333

Honorary Master
There is a lot going on in the gender debate with regard to women's rights, transgenderisim and the outright hostility towards white men in general lately.

Thought it would be better to put all of this into one thread to share information and maybe discuss some of these things in more detail.

Ok, so straight to it.

Here is a thread discussing how a fake study concluding that only 5% of women's CVs were chosen when applying for tech positions was shared quite a bit online. You can dig down into this for more information.

I am starting to see an alarming number of these fake and questionable studies around. I am in tech and have a lot of CVs that come across my desk, and not once have I ever seen a female apply for one of the core technical type positions. We have a ton of women in supporting roles like project management, training, etc however. Even in my organisation the more junior technical positions have zero female applicants. If the workplace is so sexist, and hostile, how are they preventing young women from even applying? Before I get accused of being ignorant of sexism, I am not denying it exists in the workplace. I just don't think it is entrenched to the extent that mainstream media and the feminist movement seems to say it is.
The Left are like five year olds covered in paint swearing that it wasn't them that smeared paint all over the place. Their lies are so big now, that they'd make Hitler blush.

So, basically, despite the tech industry being as left as can be, qualified women may as well wipe their assets with their degrees? It would be so easy to prove this if it were true. There would be dozens of easily varifiable studies. Contact 10 000 female graduates and ask them if they're working and if so in what industry. According to that study - they should all be working at McDonald's. Who could possibly believe this nonsense.

MrsWestcot

It's simple. Woman are just wired in such a way that they are better in the humanities and supporting positions, where men are more tech inclined. It's just facts and the facts don't care about your feelings. I'm a girl and I know men and woman aren't the same. I wouldn't want it any other way. We compliment each other, it is how nature intended it. There are less woman in tech for the simple reason that there are less woman interested in those type of positions.

gamer16

Honorary Master
It's simple. Woman are just wired in such a way that the are better in the humanities and supporting positions, where men are more tech inclined. It's just facts and the facts don't care about your feelings. I'm a girl and I know men and woman aren't the same. I wouldn't want it any other way. There are less woman in tech for the simple reason that there are less woman interested in those type of positions.
What do you reckon is the cause behind the whole drive for equality? Attention maybe? Or a handout so as to not do the work required to reach certain positions?

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
It's simple. Woman are just wired in such a way that they are better in the humanities and supporting positions, where men are more tech inclined. It's just facts and the facts don't care about your feelings. I'm a girl and I know men and woman aren't the same. I wouldn't want it any other way. We compliment each other, it is how nature intended it. There are less woman in tech for the simple reason that there are less woman interested in those type of positions.
Preach!

The conflict between the sexes has been manufactured to keep the populace at each other's throats so that they don't notice who is pulling the strings.

rambo919

Executive Member
Having the degree and being fit for the job are two different worlds. Even if you can do it.... can any course teach you how to do it either well or for long periods of time? The whole educational model worldwide is rotten and mostly useless for modern economies.

gamer16

Honorary Master
https://www.jstor.org/stable/42956238

So you must really think that the Ford & Rockerfeller foundations were just financing massive amounts of "research" (read: propaganda) in the 70s out of the goodness of their hearts, and not because they were trying to reshape leftist activism into something that didn't threaten the status quo.

Right?
I think you need to ease up on the sauce mate.

gamer16

Honorary Master

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
Parroting what?

Really Jstor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSTOR

JSTOR (/ˈdʒeɪstɔːr/;[3] short for Journal Storage) is a digital library founded in 1995. Originally containing digitized back issues of academic journals, it now also includes books and other primary sources, and current issues of journals.[4] It provides full-text searches of almost 2,000 journals. As of 2013, more than 8,000 institutions in more than 160 countries had access to JSTOR;[5] most access is by subscription, but some of the site's public domain and open access content is available at no cost to anyone.[6] JSTOR's revenue was $86 million in 2015.[7]
And your problem with peer reviewed research is...? Mocking JSTOR isn't just an empty gambit to cover the fact that you dismissed something out of hand without thinking about it, now is it? :sneaky:

and ZeroHedge? how deep into the dystopian part of the internet did you have to go to find these websites?
Not very deep. Although Google censors its search results very heavily these days, so I had to go all the way over to Bing to search for "CIA created conspiracy theory" and whaddya know, the Zerohedge article was at the top of the list. Maybe you'd like to read as far as the point where they provide the photocopies of the original documents in order to prove their claims regarding the CIA.

And what you are parroting, like an unthinking zombie, is the exact set of responses needed to derail any serious discussion as to the influence that shadow organisations like the CIA (via elitist think tanks like the Ford & Rockerfeller foundations) have had on our societies and Western culture.