The Gender Debate

Moosedrool

Expert Member
How do you feel about calling someone "they"? Personally it feels weird and alien, like I'm talking about a collective entity.
I read an entire write up where someone was talking of a specific person like this recently. I was truly confused and for a moment thought that this person is infact multiple people. XD

Last edited:

Claymore

Executive Member
I read a entire write up where someone was talking of a specific person like this recently. I was truly confuse and for a moment thought that this person is intact multiple people. XD
In English, "you" already do that.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Biologically, there are only two genders. For practical purposes, we separate public restrooms etc. on that basis. If you identify as trans, no gender at all, a man, a woman or a bloody attack helicopter - that is YOUR choice. It's got nothing to do with anyone else. I think what traditional heterosexual people find the MOST annoying about people who identify as alternative genders, is the fact that they often use it as a conversation piece and become very arrogant when others don't agree. People will not agree with each other on everything - that's life. I would tell the LGBTQ-XYZ crowd to accept that people will disagree with them and continue with their lives (in private) like the REST OF US.
Um. No. There's a wide range of biological combinations of gender, ranging from physical to hormonal to genetic.
People always get this mixed up. There are two biological sexes. Always have been, always will be. Your biological sex does not and cannot change, whatever you do. Sex can be male or female.

There is such a thing as gender, distinct from sex. However, sex predicts gender with something like 99.9% accuracy. There is a HUGE relationship between the two that the liberals do not want to admit.

In any case, gender refers to your role in society, which we term man or woman. For 99.9% of people, your gender is the same as your sex, so we can use man interchangeably with male, and woman interchangeably with female.

Are there really cases where people are the wrong gender? Liberal science says yes, but you can bet that they will not fund any studies to prove or disprove this. If they do, it will be biased. Imagine the conclusions that a Christian Conservative College will come to about gender, or the conclusions that a Liberal arts women's college will come to about gender. Completely predictable.

Also it is interesting to note that gender theory started out as being feminist doctrine, before they later "found" evidence to prove the theory.

Urist

Expert Member
Tell the liberal scientists to choose or make up another word.... gender is already taken to be a synonym of sex that can be used in polite conversations.

Urist

Expert Member
If you want to know someone's gender, you didn't ask for their sexual orientation, what creature they associate with, their star sign and their preferred made-up titles.

Claymore

Executive Member
People always get this mixed up. There are two biological sexes. Always have been, always will be. Your biological sex does not and cannot change, whatever you do. Sex can be male or female.
Really? So is sex (though the original comment was about gender, not sex) determined by body shape, chromosomes, hormones, or what? How would you define a person with a penis and XX chromosomes? Or a penis and a vagina? Or a person with XYY chromosomes? Or a person with a vagina, XX chromosomes, and very high testosterone levels?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Really? So is sex (though the original comment was about gender, not sex) determined by body shape, chromosomes, hormones, or what? How would you define a person with a penis and XX chromosomes? Or a penis and a vagina? Or a person with XYY chromosomes? Or a person with a vagina, XX chromosomes, and very high testosterone levels?
Sex determines body shape. Sex depends on the chromosomes you have, nothing else.

There are people with genetic disorders who have a mix of characteristics, like Caster Semenya. I believe the term is intersex. However, I must stress, this is a rare genetic disorder. Key word here being disorder.

Someone with a penis and XX chromosomes has likely had surgery to construct the penis. It wouldn't grow naturally. Surgery can also give someone a split tongue and horns - that doesn't mean it is natural according to their sex. Just as you can give a male an operation to give... her a vagina, but they'll never have a cervix or uterus. They'll never have a monthly cycle. The development of their brain would still have been heavily influenced by the higher amount of testosterone they were exposed to when growing up.

Sex cannot be changed, no matter what you do. You can have all of the operations you like, all you can change are the externally visible characteristics, and even then, you only end up with a facsimile of the relevant parts.

Its just biological science. Gender theory belongs in the social science, not biological science.

Claymore

Executive Member
Sex determines body shape. Sex depends on the chromosomes you have, nothing else.

There are people with genetic disorders who have a mix of characteristics, like Caster Semenya. I believe the term is intersex. However, I must stress, this is a rare genetic disorder. Key word here being disorder.

Someone with a penis and XX chromosomes has likely had surgery to construct the penis. It wouldn't grow naturally. Surgery can also give someone a split tongue and horns - that doesn't mean it is natural according to their sex. Just as you can give a male an operation to give... her a vagina, but they'll never have a cervix or uterus. They'll never have a monthly cycle. The development of their brain would still have been heavily influenced by the higher amount of testosterone they were exposed to when growing up.

Sex cannot be changed, no matter what you do. You can have all of the operations you like, all you can change are the externally visible characteristics, and even then, you only end up with a facsimile of the relevant parts.

Its just biological science. Gender theory belongs in the social science, not biological science.
I think you need to actually speak to some biologists, because they disagree with you.

Do left-handers suffer from a disorder?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I think you need to actually speak to some biologists, because they disagree with you.

Do left-handers suffer from a disorder?
Being left handed does not meaningfully prevent you from leading a fulfilling life. Being intersex can. Not all intersex people can have children, for one. They have health problems unique to them.

What do intersex people have to do with transgender people in any case?

I suggest doing some reading on the subject. People love to confuse gender and sex these days - I think this is deliberate. This is why you say right wing people saying there are only two genders. There are only two sexes would be the right thing to say, and in fact true. Sex is not on a spectrum, unlike gender.

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
Outliers do not invalidate the trend. You're talking about 1% of the human population at most, but probably closer to half that.

Claymore

Executive Member
Being left handed does not meaningfully prevent you from leading a fulfilling life. Being intersex can. Not all intersex people can have children, for one. They have health problems unique to them.

What do intersex people have to do with transgender people in any case?

I suggest doing some reading on the subject. People love to confuse gender and sex these days - I think this is deliberate. This is why you say right wing people saying there are only two genders. There are only two sexes would be the right thing to say, and in fact true. Sex is not on a spectrum, unlike gender.
Sex and gender are both on a spectrum, even if the exceptions on sex are rare.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Sex and gender are both on a spectrum, even if the exceptions on sex are rare.
Please. How many people do you know that don't have either XX chromosomes or XY chromosomes? I would guess you have not personally met a single person. I never have. I know about Caster Semenya, but I've never met her.

If it was on a spectrum, this thing would be far more common.

Unfortunately, this is the approach that the liberals have towards gender and sex - state your position first and then find evidence that supports it, discarding evidence that doesn't fit the narrative.

Claymore

Executive Member
Please. How many people do you know that don't have either XX chromosomes or XY chromosomes? I would guess you have not personally met a single person. I never have. I know about Caster Semenya, but I've never met her.

If it was on a spectrum, this thing would be far more common.

Unfortunately, this is the approach that the liberals have towards gender and sex - state your position first and then find evidence that supports it, discarding evidence that doesn't fit the narrative.
I don't know how many people I know with unusual chromosomes...it's not exactly necessarily visible, is it? And being on a spectrum doesn't mean that it has to be common.

This is biology, not liberalism. I don't know where the liberal part comes in.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I don't know how many people I know with unusual chromosomes...it's not exactly necessarily visible, is it? And being on a spectrum doesn't mean that it has to be common.

This is biology, not liberalism. I don't know where the liberal part comes in.
Because your liberalism is what causes you to believe nonsense like sex is on a spectrum. It isn't. Sex is male or female.

Gender we can argue about it, since gender was created by social scientists in any case. Perhaps I should say social "scientists". But with biological sex, there really is little argument to had, and the fact that you think there is, is solely down to liberal brainwashing.

Next thing you'll tell me women are physically as strong as men.