RedViking

Nord of the South
We need some good stories that come out of this.

Let's share some good stories;

Things you have learned
Things you appreciate.
Things that changed for the better even in a difficult situation.
Some encouragement

If you feel like there is nothing good to say, go post in one of the other 100 threads.
Please lets not use this thread to troll or make lightly of a serious situation.

RedViking

Nord of the South

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Things you can still do solo:

semaphore

Honorary Master
We need some good stories that come out of this.

Let's share some good stories;

Things you have learned
Things you appreciate.
Things that changed for the better even in a difficult situation.
Some encouragement

If you feel like there is nothing good to say, go post in one of the other 100 threads.
Please lets not use this thread to troll or make lightly of a serious situation.

I realised my hatred for humanity was not misplaced.

Urist

Expert Member
Apparently nothing else bad has happened. Or at least we don't get news about it.

KantSnyer

Expert Member
Some positives so far :

- Time spent with my wife and kids, quality time.
- The realisation that humanity needs to be bored again, take a step back from instant gratification mother nature needs it.
- Living in the moment, whether it's eating that piece of biltong or taking out the trash appreciate the fact that you're still here and breathing.

MirageF1

Executive Member
A bit early very possibly for a good news thread...

Might be more sage to wait ...for final death counts/unemployment/economic/social effects of this virus before posting premature exuberance/claps.

LOTR

Well, I suppose this is not bad news...

Bismuth

Expert Member
Most people haven't fallen for the hysteria and bought half of PnP, Checkers or Spar. That is a good thing, methinks.

Also, areas that were heavily polluted, are not so much anymore. Not sure I believe the dolphins and crocs swimming around Venice, but do think that things will become less polluted the longer this goes on.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Getting to know my family well.
This is a big thing for those who lived passed each other. Currently in my complex I see mom's and dad playing with their kids. I never used or very seldom used to see any kids and parents playing together. This feels so unreal.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
As someone who is a bit of an introvert. I am SO grateful for this now that you mention it. A simple halo there is glorious.
My opinion differs slightly.
I'm also an introvert and generally self conscious, but I appreciate an honest hand shake. It's an act of respect to me.
I do however understand if people don't feel the same.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Too early to tell but I would welcome the new social distancing awareness and the no hand shaking.

I never realised until now how much I hate shaking other people's hands :confused:

Would appreciate the practice or expectation of greeting by hand to die out.

Last edited:

Afon Kulikov

Forging
My opinion differs slightly.
I'm also an introvert and generally self conscious, but I appreciate an honest hand shake. It's an act of respect to me.
I do however understand if people don't feel the same.
Nope, hate it when people touch me, this corona thing gives me a good reason for people not to touch me even handshake

braailekker11

Most people haven't fallen for the hysteria and bought half of PnP, Checkers or Spar. That is a good thing, methinks.

Also, areas that were heavily polluted, are not so much anymore. Not sure I believe the dolphins and crocs swimming around Venice, but do think that things will become less polluted the longer this goes on.

Same here. Only handwash and hand sanitizers were sold out when I went to my local Spar.The place was a lot quieter than usual. No casual chatters between staff workers.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Is this the kind of story, or more personal stuff?
Just received this sms...I have a home loan with SCMB. I wonder if my homeloan will also be included in this holiday?

Probably not, but it really should be...

Standard Bank: To assist you through these challenging times due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we have approved a payment holiday from 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 on all your up to date loans. Interest and fees will still be charged and capitalized. Some criteria do apply and there is an opt-out option. For more information visit www.standardbank.co.za.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10+