The government’s middle finger to South African taxpayers

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Government debt is up to 55.8% of GDP, and Finance Minister Tito Mboweni has stated that an acceptable figure is below 50%.
An acceptable figure is zero ... luckily the vast majority of our able bodies citizens are working together and contributing to tax revenue to pay off government debt double quick and government is pulling its weight by not wasting any money and diligently accounting for every cent ...

/s

Swa

Honorary Master
Governments can get by with no debt if they wanted to.

eg2505

Honorary Master
who cares right?

as long as the money keeps getting taxed and BMW keeps selling cars.

we can spend to our hearts content,

nobody will vote us out of power,

NoLogic001

Global Statistics[edit]
At the end of the 2nd quarter of 2017, United States public debt-to-GDP ratio was at 103.8%.[2] The level of public debt in Japan was 246.1% of GDP, in China 16.5% and in India 61.8%, in 2017 according to the IMF,[3] while the public debt-to-GDP ratio at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2016 was at 70.1% of GDP in Germany, 89.1% in the United Kingdom, 98.2% in France and 135.5% in Italy, according to Eurostat.[4]
wikipedia.org

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Is it just me or has the excessive spending and looting increased since Cyril took office?

If yes, it is like his comrades are looking him in the eye, never breaking eye contact, whilst they casually open the till and dip their hands in it, twice, before leaving, grabbing more off the shelves as they go. And there is queue out the door.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Yeah, it must be wonderful to be a cadre, get paid a princely annual salary, to have no education, no talent, and do absolutely nothing. One of these days this house of cards will rudely come crashing down. Let's just hope it's not too late for the country and it's long suffering populace... But I'm not holding my breath.

AlphaBravo

Expert Member
Question: Government employees get taxed on the salaries, but non-government employees actually pay the entire tax bill, so in effect the tax money from government employees can not count as part of tax revenue as non-gov employees pay their salaries from tax? Sorry for the badly structured question...

Visser

Expert Member
Tax income will be drying up even more come next year. We'll see who will have the last laugh.

smi

Expert Member
I don't even earn enough anymore to pay much tax. Just have to keep knocking down doors and hoping the path comes right, somehow