The government wants your medical aid information

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I am quite suprised ANYONE would EVER trust this ANC government ( and their handlers ) with ANYTHING !!!!!!!

or any government for that matter.

At some point we need to let people come up to solutions to the everyday problems we have.

Thor

Honorary Master
You mean when last did the media report on it.

The current health minister has actually done a lot. He has his flaws but for the most part he has done a lot to improve the system.

When it comes to the medical aids vs the government, its a close race to see who I trust the least.
Gems tells a very different story.

Absinth

How ?

Anyway, In a perfect world the governments financial gain is our gain.

If I know exactly what you are spending your money on, what will prevent me for raising or implementing new taxes on those items or elements?

Alternatively, why not just bring in a law that all the medical savings need to be paid over to the new national medical scheme

schumi

Honorary Master
Ministry defends decision to collect medical aid data

Cape Town - The Department of Health has defended its decision in Parliament to demand the data of 8 million people on medical aids in the country.

Health Department director-general Precious Matsoso told MPs on Thursday they needed the data in preparation for the roll-out of the National Health Insurance (NHI) scheme.

Matsoso said they sought legal advice on whether they could get the data, and the lawyers gave them the go-ahead.

She admitted to MPs that the matter was controversial, but argued that there was nothing wrong with having the data of people on medical aid.

“There was controversy around data of people on medical aids.

"We have a legal opinion on that.

"There is nothing wrong with that. We’ll have that information in one central place.

"This is in preparation for the NHI,” said Matsoso.

She said that other than the people on medical aid, there were 12 million people on their system.

Having a centralised database meant they would have 20 million people on their system.

She said the implementation of the NHI would proceed smoothly, and they would soon appoint a person to head it.

More at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/ministry-defends-decision-to-collect-medical-aid-data-11218880

diesel

Expert Member
I pay medical aid to ensure me and my family get the best medical attention possible when needed. The last think i need is a bunch of political idiots stuffing everything up just so they can enrich themselves and their families.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
I pay medical aid to ensure me and my family get the best medical attention possible when needed. The last think i need is a bunch of political idiots stuffing everything up just so they can enrich themselves and their families.
Take a chance or emigrate.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Then you need to help get other politicians in or leave SA...

Werfetter

I wish I could trust the motives behind this but all said and done none have been provided? Just that they want to information for NHI? What are they planning on doing with it? Exactly what information are they looking for?

Transparency would make this a lot easier to cooperate with...