The Home Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardb

Expert Member
imo that isnt the right replacement then, can you send it back and order from somewhere else? eg macspares or bergens
Thanks @Steamy Tom, was going to send back to Defy on Tues if I could find a correct replacement. I see there is a Bergens nearby, so will take a drive there shortly with the old one and see if they can match it (if they are open this weekend). These things always seem to happen over a holiday weekend! :)

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Quick question. If the paving area around my pool needs to be replaced and I want to do the pool coping too (that's is still is good condition) but I want to replace anyway to match new paving , is it possible , without causing damage to pool ( or causing me to empty pool?)

Two people that came to quote say they won't replace coping as it could damage pool and every search I did on internet seems to show an empty pool. So am confused.

Reason I want to replace is that I don't like the type of coping which is flanged like in shape. I want a flat one ...

howardb

Expert Member
Sorry only saw this now. Place is below

Found my element for cheaper than what Defy was selling for
Thanks, will maybe try them as well.
Bergens closed till Tuesday; think most are closed this weekend...

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
What exactly?

You get these components.

Ibox for shower. Universal for all showers
Face trim for shower.
Wall mixer box for basin mixer
Face trim and spout.
I was at On Tap a few minutes ago.

Got a quote of a Hans Grohe Talis S.

https://www.amazon.com/Hansgrohe-72111001-Bathroom-Faucet-Chrome/dp/B01MRSYRI8/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=hansgrohe+talis+s&qid=1556108906&s=gateway&sr=8-10

On Tap has a part number of 72111000 and Amazon has a part number of 72111001.
What is the difference between the two, given that it is the exact same tap?

Steamy Tom

Expert Member

Polly101

https://www.amazon.com/Hansgrohe-72111001-Bathroom-Faucet-Chrome/dp/B01MRSYRI8/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=hansgrohe+talis+s&qid=1556108906&s=gateway&sr=8-10

looks to me like USA vs EU / RSA?

not sure if there is a difference in the connectors at the back?

alqassam

Expert Member

I did the exact same exercise, try amazon.de it removes 20% vat as well.

I just decided to purchase over here as then you know everything is fine.

Although they says the fittings are the. Same they was abou a 1/2mm difference between the us and local connectors, my plumber shaved off just enough and then soldered it on.

alqassam

Expert Member

Arzy

Honorary Master
Reminds me of when I did my kitchen. Boy I am glad that it's over. I had dust everywhere.
Yeah, it's a real mess and inconvenience but will be worth it in the end. Despite putting up plastic sheeting all over the place the fine dust just seems to get through to everywhere else.

Just another 4 odd weeks to go though, taken 2 weeks so far just to get to the prep point.

Venomous

Honorary Master
I'm having a weird problem. The LED bulbs in both my bathrooms and separate toilet keep dying.

The only things I can think of is that its the moisture or the fact that they are connected in series to the extractor fan. At first I thought it was a kak brand, but I have tried various brands and they are dying in a matter of months.

Anyone have any ideas?
We had the same problem in our previous place. Bought various globes and even had the electrician out.

(I hope I'm explaining clearly...)
Eventually we discovered that the globes that apeared textured or even had just one big LED(can feel lumps) do not like moisture.
The globes with multiple LEDs or a single one that appears to be "covered in a 'glass lid' ..." seem to be best. IE they are probably better sealed than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.