The Huawei smartphones that will get a massive performance boost in South Africa

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
The Huawei smartphones that will get a massive performance boost in South Africa

Huawei is testing its GPU Turbo technology in South Africa before rolling out the software update to consumer devices.

GPU Turbo is a Huawei-developed technology which will increase the performance of the company’s smartphones in gaming and graphics-intensive applications – and will be delivered to compatible devices via a software update.

Genisys

Executive Member
Nice! Unlike google who will force you to wait for a massive Android version update.
Not like Google releases Security patches ever month, or even for that matter the software that Huawei basses their UI off. What is your security patch on your Huawei again?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Not like Google releases Security patches ever month, or even for that matter the software that Huawei basses their UI off. What is your security patch on your Huawei again?
Google does actually release patches every month. The OEM on the other hand

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Not that I have the slightest interest in mobile gaming, I have far better things to do, but this is good. From here on out I'll start taking a closer look at Huawei devices. You see, their marketing ploys are paying off. I've heard a lot of good things about their latest mobile devices but it's their EMUI interface that's made me steer clear of them until now.

Genisys

Executive Member
Google does actually release patches every month. The OEM on the other hand
Indeed, but like you said, OEM's don't always release the same patches. Ask Samsung and Huawei, they know all about not releasing updates.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's terrible!

DAYS late is unacceptable!

I haven't checked ... But I'm guessing every Android phone barring the Huawei has this update?
I doubt that many Android phones have this update. Even my Nokia will only get it around the middle of the month.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I think it's 100 million minus the Vodacom subscribers ...

My Mate 10 hasn't recieved, so we're 2 months late already. Other networks have already got the update.

@vodacom - any word on what's going on?

sajunky

Honorary Master
I prefer to get a stable release, not a random patches every months. By example, Google foolPlay Services, this version I complained in my posts has been pulled out, but I spent two weeks battling with forcefully pushing it on my phone.

With Huawei stock firmware is not bad, even with Vodacom firmware: Y6 2018 v8.0.0.130 reveived a large security patch in July (I think it was a June patch), then this month it came with culmulative update to the version 142 which include two security patches. I am happy, as v142 removes sluggishness of the home screen. Will see if it will work now with VoLTE and more important - VoWiFi.

A low midrange phone, @Dolby must wait. as he will receive Oreo 8.1 update first. :)

Last edited:

Genisys

Executive Member
I prefer to get a stable release, not a random patches every months. By example, Google foolPlay Services, this version I complained in my posts has been pulled out, but I spent two weeks battling with forcefully pushing it on my phone.

With Huawei stock firmware is not bad, even with Vodacom firmware: Y6 2018 v8.0.0.130 reveived a large security patch in July (I think it was a June patch), then this month it came with culmulative update to the version 142 which include two security patches. I am happy, as v142 removes sluggishness of the home screen. Will see if it will work now with VoLTE and more important - VoWiFi.

A low midrange phone, @Dolby must wait. as he will receive Orego 8.1 update first. :)
Either way, stock Android gets far more updates