The I Love Cats Thread

EMAM

Honorary Master
And kittles just came through the kitchen window, cold, wet and hungry.

She will now be locked up in my son's room until tomorrow.

abcab

After my one kitty went blind a few weeks back, my oldest cat started acting up. Hardly spent any time at home. I wake up to see her sitting in the sun on a log in the field. Only comes home to eat. As the feld had burned a few weeks back, she got very dirty from the soot and really started looking tatty.

She wanted nothing to do with the other two cats, and would even attack them as she passed them on the way to the food bowl. Monday evening was the last time I saw her at just after midnight when the dogs started barking at something in the field and I saw her eyes glowing in the light. Went down to the fence and called her. She turned and walked away into the bushes and we have not seen her since.

I have kept the food bowl topped up in case she wants to come eat as we have a hole cut in the patio door for them to come and go as they need. It does not look like she has come in to eat at all. This morning on my way out the estate, I stopped at security and asked if they had seen her, and walked back through the field back to my fence calling her, and looking for a possible "nest". She is nine months old, and was booked in at the Vet to be fixed next week after payday. I had to call him this afternoon to cancel the appointment until she hopefully comes back.

At least the way she left has not upset my wife like when the other one went missing. She became fairly aggressive and one sided. Would not want attention, and unfortunately got chased off the bed when she came in one afternoon totally black from the burned grass and full of blackjacks. Then when my wife tried to clean her up a bit, she scratched and bit my wife.

Maybe she is pregnant and her hormones are all messed up. If so, I hope she comes back, even if it is carrying a few little ones.

KT-B

Honorary Master
After my one kitty went blind a few weeks back, my oldest cat started acting up. Hardly spent any time at home. I wake up to see her sitting in the sun on a log in the field. Only comes home to eat. As the feld had burned a few weeks back, she got very dirty from the soot and really started looking tatty.

She wanted nothing to do with the other two cats, and would even attack them as she passed them on the way to the food bowl. Monday evening was the last time I saw her at just after midnight when the dogs started barking at something in the field and I saw her eyes glowing in the light. Went down to the fence and called her. She turned and walked away into the bushes and we have not seen her since.

I have kept the food bowl topped up in case she wants to come eat as we have a hole cut in the patio door for them to come and go as they need. It does not look like she has come in to eat at all. This morning on my way out the estate, I stopped at security and asked if they had seen her, and walked back through the field back to my fence calling her, and looking for a possible "nest". She is nine months old, and was booked in at the Vet to be fixed next week after payday. I had to call him this afternoon to cancel the appointment until she hopefully comes back.

At least the way she left has not upset my wife like when the other one went missing. She became fairly aggressive and one sided. Would not want attention, and unfortunately got chased off the bed when she came in one afternoon totally black from the burned grass and full of blackjacks. Then when my wife tried to clean her up a bit, she scratched and bit my wife.

Maybe she is pregnant and her hormones are all messed up. If so, I hope she comes back, even if it is carrying a few little ones.
Good luck. You have had a hard time with cats lately. I hope she is alright.

Venomous

Honorary Master

She's either preggers or gave birth already.

KT-B

Honorary Master
I am worried that she gave birth before the fire - and probably lost her litter as they would not have been able to get out. I can never understand why people set velds alight - it kills so many little creatures.

abcab

I am worried that she gave birth before the fire - and probably lost her litter as they would not have been able to get out. I can never understand why people set velds alight - it kills so many little creatures.
It was a controlled burn to prevent damage to property. Even after the fire she was still ok. The past two nights in the wee hours, I am sure I heard her bell that she wears, but have not been able to spot her. I have however found a lot of blackjacks on the couches, which became a problem when she started going into the feld in the first place. Looks like she just got gatvol of our company, lol.

KT-B

Honorary Master
As long as there is food and water - I am sure she will be fine. Perhaps she needs some alone time. A cat of the wild.

abcab

Get home this evening, and first thing we always do is put the kettle on, and make coffee, and the cats are always right there when the fridge opens to get some milk. Tonight I turn around, and I am back up to 3 cats waiting for me to fill the bowl. She is somewhat one sided and slightly aggressive toward the 2 little ones, but eventually went into the spare room and curled up on the bed. As she onviously does not like the idea of sleeping with the other two, I pulled out an old box, put her blanket in it, and she curled up there, and defending her space, letting the other two know clearly to stay away. Maybe the sleeping quarters I made for the three of them became slightly over crowded anyways.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Get home this evening, and first thing we always do is put the kettle on, and make coffee, and the cats are always right there when the fridge opens to get some milk. Tonight I turn around, and I am back up to 3 cats waiting for me to fill the bowl. She is somewhat one sided and slightly aggressive toward the 2 little ones, but eventually went into the spare room and curled up on the bed. As she onviously does not like the idea of sleeping with the other two, I pulled out an old box, put her blanket in it, and she curled up there, and defending her space, letting the other two know clearly to stay away. Maybe the sleeping quarters I made for the three of them became slightly over crowded anyways.

That is wonderful news. Now you can get her spayed - and perhaps she will calm down a bit

paul5186

Expert Member
Tried to watch the original Lion King this weekend. My one ginger kitty was fascinated and watched RIGHT in front of the TV....sigh.

Only other movie she has actively watched is Homeward Bound.

IMG_20190727_102013_844.jpg

IMG_20190727_102319_937.jpg