The I Love Cats Thread

abcab

So I'm away on contract work, and my two boys miss me so bad. The walks around the house calling, and driving my wife a tad insane. My wife playes movies on my PC to have some noise in the house, now he sits checking out my PC, not understanding why I don't come sit down on the chair.

It's been two weeks I have been away from home, and the one still walks around the house calling. What does worry me, yesterday he was missing the whole day. My wife sending me frantic messages that she thinks the cat has gone looking for me and may be lost. He came back very late last night.

My blind kitty seems a bit more "independant" though. He has come to enjoy my chair at my PC without me bothering him and moving him up when I want to sit.

I'm only due to go back home last week in December if all goes well. If not, end of January. I hope they remember me.

KT-B

Honorary Master
So I'm away on contract work, and my two boys miss me so bad. The walks around the house calling, and driving my wife a tad insane. My wife playes movies on my PC to have some noise in the house, now he sits checking out my PC, not understanding why I don't come sit down on the chair.

It's been two weeks I have been away from home, and the one still walks around the house calling. What does worry me, yesterday he was missing the whole day. My wife sending me frantic messages that she thinks the cat has gone looking for me and may be lost. He came back very late last night.

My blind kitty seems a bit more "independant" though. He has come to enjoy my chair at my PC without me bothering him and moving him up when I want to sit.

I'm only due to go back home last week in December if all goes well. If not, end of January. I hope they remember me.
Wow how far away are you ? Have you thought of video calling your cat ?

abcab

Wow how far away are you ? Have you thought of video calling your cat ?
Lol, I actually did. He did not respond like I thought he would. Maybe he does not like what my voice sounds like on the phone, or something. Although I do talk to them a lot, the attention they thrive on is scratching and rubbing. My wife started becoming allergic to them a while back. Tried bathing them more often and in different shampoos, but she still struggles. So they are not getting the "personal touch" they used to get. My one boy loves laying on his back, and scratch his chest, but he has also got to big for my wifes lap.

I'm just trying to get stuff done as quick as possible down here to get things ready for our move, which will be another traumatic experience for them. I am just worried about our owl and eagle population taking advantage of the cats. One of the contractors here nearly lost their cat two night back to an owl. I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Daruk

Honorary Master

They will remember you... and give you the cold shoulder for the first day at least LOL.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Lol, suppose I deserve it.
Here is what you do,
When I was working for Huletts and spending lots of time out of the country the SO would place my unwashed shirts on the cat's favourite sleeping places and the bed.
This would be your 'sent' placed for them to feel at ease and remember you. Remember like most predators cats mostly works on smell, long as they can smell you they are mostly fine

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
For those of you wanting an excellent stainless steel engraved cat disk - there is a very good supplier in France.
France, you say? I can buy here and it will look good.
Yes you can, but does it come with its own personal GUARDIAN CAT-ANGEL? No?
I have been buying these engraved cat tags for years. I order 10 at a time, and the French supplier engraves my name and two phone numbers on the back. She has no problem sending to South Africa. The disks are stainless steel and never fade. The engraving is done by hand, so that too does not fade.
eBay say she has only 2 in stock, but she has been advertising for more than 10 years now, so I'm sure she has plenty of disks. Just send her a message through the eBay message system.

thehuman

Expert Member
Mnr Strechy decided to jump over wall today, got spooked by a big dog and climbed a tree .

I got rewarded with a bitten hand for removing him from tree .

He got me on top op hand between small bones, its $%^& sore , will visit doc tomorrow.
IMG-20191123-WA0012.jpegIMG-20191204-WA0014.jpeg

biometrics

Honorary Master
Mnr Strechy decided to jump over wall today, got spooked by a big dog and climbed a tree .

I got rewarded with a bitten hand for removing him from tree .

He got me on top op hand between small bones, its $%^& sore , will visit doc tomorrow.
View attachment 752188View attachment 752192
You need to get a tetanus shot. Watch out for any glads swelling in your arm or neck, you’ll need anti biotic then.

thehuman

Expert Member
You need to get a tetanus shot. Watch out for any glads swelling in your arm or neck, you’ll need anti biotic then.
Stopped at doc this morning, she gave course of antibiotics, some cortisone, and tetanus shot . Was qte sore last night , not that bad this morning atleast.

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
Stopped at doc this morning, she gave course of antibiotics, some cortisone, and tetanus shot . Was qte sore last night , not that bad this morning atleast.
^^ :oops: Similar happened to me years ago; I gave chase when neighbour dogs were after my cat outside - her teeth sunk into my hand as I picked her up. Dogs just backed off but the cat was so full of adrenaline she couldn't tell friend from foe. Didn't unsink the teeth until I got her inside.

Very sore afterwards but only first day - iirc doc prescribed same meds as you. Anyway, Mnr Stretchy will likely think twice about that wall in future :X3: