Status
Not open for further replies.

avdp

Hi all,

I need some help / info. I have barely used my iPhone as an iPod, and when I do, it usually is with earphones. Tried it now without, and my sound is very scratchy, and it seems only the one speaker works, if I put my finger over the left speaker, there seems to be no sound from the righ. Any advice?

yazzo

Try the "Bass Reducer" EQ when listening to the iphones built in speaker, makes a big difference. Same thing for ringtones, stripping the bass from them (e.g. using audacity) makes them nice and scratchy free.

Also, AFAIK, there is no right speaker. Those holes are just there for symmetry or aesthetic's.

Last edited:

Bluffhooi

Two questions:

How do I delete docs I have transfered to my iPhone via DropCopy. I read earlier that it's simple to do with a Mac.

How can I convert audio to a ringtone? I run an audio imaging company, so I have tons of hot stuff I'd like oozing out the phone instead of the lame generics.

Thanking you in much anticipation.

The hooi

avdp

Two questions:

How do I delete docs I have transfered to my iPhone via DropCopy. I read earlier that it's simple to do with a Mac.

How can I convert audio to a ringtone? I run an audio imaging company, so I have tons of hot stuff I'd like oozing out the phone instead of the lame generics.

Thanking you in much anticipation.

The hooi

I am not a Mac user, but dont you just use Finder? Not sure.

And by audio, do you mean mp3s? If so, I use PhoneZap, works fine for me. And you get to set where in song it starts and for how long.

Hope that helps.

avdp

Try the "Bass Reducer" EQ when listening to the iphones built in speaker, makes a big difference. Same thing for ringtones, stripping the bass from them (e.g. using audacity) makes them nice and scratchy free.

Also, AFAIK, there is no right speaker. Those holes are just there for symmetry or aesthetic's.

Thx, makes a huge difference. Thought there was something wrong with my speakers!

avdp

So I ssee on appleiphoneschool says there will be no-contract phones later at $599 & $699. That's good news I guess? Wonder what will follow here? See Vodacom is already advertising the iPhone on their website. Going to be interesting...

avdp

Best is to search this thread, in the first couple of pages guys gave the settings. Just know the APN is internet, username / password blank

Edit - pg 2 for vodacom

Last edited:

avdp

Does anyone know of an app to create your own carriee logo?

SlinkyMike

Executive Member

d0b33

Honorary Master
updated iphone to 2.0 but struggling to get it activated at least... any ideas?

lol you are going to have to wait for pwnage 1.2 :D

I warned you not to update :p

Edit:
You can download the firmware on local using the link I posted.

d0b33

Honorary Master
Dev Team FTW!!!

The new iPhone OS 2.0 software has been unlocked and jailbroken. It was released just hours ago and it has already been cracked by the iPhone Dev Team. The first one took a couple of months, but this one was actually unlocked before Apple released it to the public. And you have had the proof in front of you all morning.

If you were wondering how I was doing push email tests on iPhone OS 2.0 and Vodafone UK, this is the reason why. The code wizard commandos at the iPhone Dev Team have been working on this non-stop since the early days of beta testing. In fact, I had iPhone OS 2.0 running on my iPhone since last week. That was version 5A345, two below 5A347, but identical in functionality.

Now that the official iPhone OS 2.0 is out, the iPhone Dev Team will release their Pwnage tool for everyone to unlock and jailbreak their iPhones soon. It may not be as interesting as before—since most countries now have the iPhone and it will be impossible to buy without doing a contract first—but people looking to install unsigned applications and buy pay-as-you-go cards while traveling—instead of roaming—will find it very useful.

And besides, we don't get tired of seeing the Death Star exploding again and again.
http://gizmodo.com/5023971/iphone-os-20-unlocked-yes

avdp

Can someone tell me if there is an app that scan and add actual paper business cards to the iPhone and display them?

I think fxit did a review on some app earlier that they used to scan cards like gym cards etc, but I cant find the post?

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.