The Johan Booysen / Cato Manor Cops Thread

McSack

Executive Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
5,737
Jeez JZ protects his boy doesnt he?
I hope Booysen sues the fk out of the gvt
Problem is he is effectively suing the fk out of us as taxpayers. :mad:
JZ, Jiba, Nhleko and Mulaudzi don't give a toss how long this drags on because it is not their money they are using to fsk everyone over. Make them personally responsible for wasting the court's time and see how quickly the charges are withdrawn
 

FNfal

Executive Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
6,425
They are still trying to get rid of him

"Johannesburg - Suspended KwaZulu-Natal Hawks boss Johan Booysen has filed an urgent court application in a bid to have his suspension set aside, arguing that the suspension is nothing else but an attempt to get rid of him."
"Booysen dropped a bombshell as he revealed how National Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega offered him a multimillion-rand early retirement offer in an attempt make him leave the service.

These startling details are contained in Booysen’s urgent application at the Durban High Court, where he is challenging his suspension. He was served with the letter to that effect last week.

Hawks spokesman Hangwani Mulaudzi said “we will oppose” Booysen’s application."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/suspended-hawks-boss-drops-bombshell-1.1918541#.Vf6gPNKqpBc
 

schumi

Honorary Master
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
25,085
‘Booysen got R10K for dead innocent men’

Durban - Suspended KwaZulu-Natal Hawks boss Johan Booysen and the men tasked with investigating a police officer’s assassination have been accused of fraudulently receiving a R10 000 reward for shooting dead six innocent men.

The allegation against Booysen and the men of the Durban Organised Crime Unit in Cato Manor that he commanded is made in an answering affidavit submitted by the newly appointed head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation, Maj-Gen Berning Ntlemeza, to the Durban High Court.

Ntlemeza further claims that while the award was for tracking down the men who assassinated Superintendent Zethembe Chonco in August 2008, the case numbers used to secure the award were for unrelated cases in Howick of housebreaking and motor vehicle theft.

Booysen was suspended earlier this month for allegedly supplying false case numbers in a bid to obtain the award.

Booysen, however, claims that the document which resulted in him and his men receiving an award for tracking down and killing Chonco’s killers was never drawn up by himself and that he had nothing to do ultimately with the granting of the award.

Chonco was the head of the KwaZulu-Natal taxi violence task team and commander of the Kranskop police station. He and other policemen were escorting four taxi violence suspects from Kranskop to the KwaDukuza (Stanger) Magistrate’s Court when they came under attack on August 27, 2008.

Booysen brought an urgent application in the Durban High Court challenging his suspension in which he alleged that that he was being prevented from doing his job.

In his answering affidavit Ntlemeza said investigations by Colonel Kenneth Molefi Mabuela had found that the motivation for the R10 000 award was for the investigation team’s efforts in tracking down the six men directly involved in Chonco’s assassination.

All six were killed by the investigation team as they were being apprehended.

More at http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/booysen-got-r10k-for-dead-innocent-men-1.1922164#.VgnA8n2-Opo
 

FNfal

Executive Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
6,425
Allegations are one thing proof is another .
As was mentioned earlier in this post they will do anything to protect Zumas mate and scorce of cash Thoshan Panday.

"He was arrested after allegedly dropping a suitcase containing more than R1.3m into Booysen's car.

The State has alleged that the remaining R700 000 was to have been paid later.

Wolmarans told the court the case against Madhoe was just a smokescreen. He said the case against Panday had been dormant for over a year and that Madhoe had refused several requests to testify against him." This incident is caught on camera with several witnesses and the money is in evidence .
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Probe-manipulated-says-police-colonel-20110927
 

biometrics

Honorary Master
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
71,858
Durban court overrules KZN Hawks boss' suspension

The high court has said there is insufficient evidence against fraud-accused Johan Booysen and barred the Hawks from suspending him again.

The suspension of KwaZulu-Natal hawks boss Johan Booysen has been overturned in the Durban high court.

In overturning the suspension on Wednesday, Judge Anton van Zyl ruled that national Hawks boss Berning Ntlemeza did not have a case against Booysen, whom he has accused of committing fraud.

“There is not even prima facie evidence that such fraud had been committed or, if it had, that the applicant is implicated therein,” said Van Zyl.

Not only did the judge say there was insufficient evidence to back up the allegations, he also ordered that Ntlemeza be barred from suspending Booysen again pending the outcome of the current disciplinary process.

More here: http://mg.co.za/article/2015-11-18-durban-court-overrules-kzn-hawks-boss-suspension
 

schumi

Honorary Master
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
25,085
Hawks to take Booysen matter to the SCA

Genevieve Quintal, News24

Johannesburg – The Hawks will go to the Supreme Court of Appeal after the High Court in Durban dismissed its application for leave to appeal the decision to lift the suspension of its KwaZulu-Natal head Johan Booysen, it said on Friday.

Hawks head Lieutenant General Mthandazo Berning Ntlemeza noted the decision taken by the high court on Wednesday, considered the matter and took legal advice, spokesperson Hangwani Mulaudzi said.

"Ntlemeza has decided to take the matter further by instructing his attorneys to file a petition with the Supreme Court of Appeal against the judgment of the high court," he said.

Major General Booysen will remain on suspension, "pending the finalisation of the petition".

Judge Anton van Zyl ruled on Wednesday that there was no prospect of a successful appeal against his November 18 ruling that overturned a decision to suspend Booysen amid allegations of fraud.

"The leave to appeal is denied," he said.

He dismissed Wednesday's application with costs and ordered that the state bear the costs of the application.

Booysen said he was pleased with the outcome.

Ntlemeza had told the court that Booysen – and the men investigating a police officer’s assassination – had fraudulently received a monetary reward for killing two suspects.


News24
Source
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/hawks-to-take-booysen-matter-to-the-sca-20160122
 

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
113,498
The only suitable outcome from this is that Ntlemeza is personally held accountable for every cent of taxpayers money he has wasted on this little vendetta of his.
 

MickeyD

RIP
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
139,117
The only suitable outcome from this is that Ntlemeza is personally held accountable for every cent of taxpayers money he has wasted on this little vendetta of his.

Was about to post something similar... While it is not his money he will not care about the consequences.
 

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
113,498
Was about to post something similar... While it is not his money he will not care about the consequences.

That is one of the big problems...

We need rules that senior public servants are held accountable if they have been found to be initiating frivolous lawsuits and the like... it MIGHT make some of them think twice.
 

Lucas Buck

Executive Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
5,628
DURBAN – At least 10 of the men alleged to have been gunned down in cold blood by the Cato Manor organised crime unit in Durban were firing weapons before their deaths.

This conclusion surprisingly emerged not from the 27 cops accused of killing them, but according to an internal memorandum of the National Prosecuting Authority, the very organisation that is prosecuting the men.

The internal memorandum, dated August 5, 2015, was part of a host of documents submitted along with an affidavit by former Asset Forfeiture Unit Head Willie Hofmeyr to all parties in the Democratic Alliance’s court application to force President Jacob Zuma to institute a commission of inquiry to determine whether Deputy National Director of Public Prosecutions Nomgcobo Jiba is fit to hold office.

The memo, titled “Legal Opinion on the Prosecution of Ms Jiba, Silverton CAS 688/10/2014”, was drawn up by senior prosecutors Jan Ferreira and Gerhard van Eeden from the Specialised Commercial Crimes Unit (SCCU) of the NPA and addressed to the current National Director of Public Prosecutions Shaun Abrahams and Marshall Mokgatlhe, the head of the SCCU.

While Ferreira and Van Eeden found that the decision to prosecute Jiba for fraud and perjury was “sound in law, and in line with the prescripts of the prosecution policy and the NPA act”, it also emerges from their memorandum that the evidence against the former Cato Manor cops and their former head and currently suspended KwaZulu-Natal Hawks boss Maj-Gen Booysen was seriously flawed....

Link
 

FNfal

Executive Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
6,425
These people are making a mockery of our justice system just to protect Thoshan Panday.
 

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
113,498
Just throw that useless wench behind bars, and get rid of Abrahams as well... He has to hold the record of the fastest "crony" to show his Zuma adoration.
 

schumi

Honorary Master
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
25,085
KZN Hawks head arrested ahead of court appearance

Jeff Wicks, News24

Durban - KwaZulu-Natal Hawks head Johan Booysen was arrested on Friday morning ahead of his high court appearance along with 28 members of the so-called "Cato Manor death squad".

In an unexpected move this week, the National Prosecuting Authority recharged him and several other members of the squad with racketeering under the Prevention of Organised Crime Act.

He appeared briefly in court on Friday, and was released on R5 000 bail, on condition that he surrender his passport and agree not to interfere with any witnesses.

Booysen had initially been charged with racketeering, but this was set aside.

Earlier this week, it was reported that the National Prosecuting Authority had made arrangements to secure Booysen’s appearance in court on fresh racketeering charges.

On Friday morning, however, Booysen was detained in a move his attorney Carl van der Merwe described as bizarre.

"We had made arrangements for him to be handed over this morning and then out of the blue they show up and detain him. He is in the cells," he said before the court sitting.

Booysen has won repeated court victories against the State and his employers over this matter, which has stretched over four years.

The squad face a litany of charges, including theft and murder, specifically of suspects during the course of their arrests. They allegedly killed these suspects and then planted weapons to create the impression that the killings were justified.

News24
Source
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/kzn-hawks-head-arrested-ahead-of-court-appearance-20160219
 

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
105,603
They need to have a double jeopardy law here in SA. I thought we did have one? How many times can they go after these guys for the same old crap?
I hope he sues their asses after this is all over!
 

FNfal

Executive Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
6,425
Thoshan Panday must be paying plenty to get them to do this .
 

schumi

Honorary Master
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
25,085
Ntlemeza’s use of law firm to discipline ‘unlawful’

Durban – Major General Berning Ntlemeza, the national head of the Hawks, acted unlawfully when he hired a private law firm and advocate to discipline a member of the country’s elite police unit.

According to Maj-Gen Johan Booysen, the suspended head of the Hawks in KwaZulu-Natal, Ntlemeza had no legal authority to hire the law firm Hogan Lovells and neither was there any authority for that firm to hire advocate Mxolisi Zondo when Ntlemeza instituted disciplinary proceedings against Booysen.

This emerged in papers lodged in the Labour Court in Durban on Thursday where Booysen is asking the court to review Ntlemeza’s decision to implement disciplinary proceedings against him over allegations of fraud.

According to those papers, Booysen’s disciplinary should have been heard by a member of the police force and not someone who is not a member of the police.

Booysen, in his submission, cites police regulation 6(5) which states: “The National or a Provincial Commissioner may, in exceptional circumstances, after consulting with the disciplinary officer concerned, in writing designate a person other than an employee as employer representative to represent the employer in a particular case and who may, as the representative of the disciplinary officer concerned and subject to his or her control and directions, charge any employee with misconduct and perform all the functions relating to the exercise of such power.”

In his papers, Booysen points out that Ntlemeza did not have the authority from the then national police commissioner Riah Phiyega to hire Hogan Lovells or Zondo and accordingly, without that authority, it should be a senior police officer chairing his disciplinary hearing.

“There is also no lawful basis upon which the first respondent [Ntelemeza] could simply assume the functions and powers which have been specifically given to the National and Provincial Commissioners under the Regulations,” Booysen asserts.

Phiyega was suspended last October, a month after disciplinary proceedings were started against Booysen .

More at:http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/ntlemezas-use-of-law-firm-to-discipline-unlawful-1999210
 

TheTwo

Expert Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Messages
1,574
Thoshan Panday must be paying plenty to get them to do this .

Cant believe for how long he's been able to get away with this and so much more. The case against him should be re-opened
 

schumi

Honorary Master
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
25,085
Hawks boss faces perjury probe over Booysen saga

Durban – The Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID) is investigating a case of perjury against national Hawks boss Lieutenant General Berning Ntlemeza.

IPID acting spokesman Robbie Raburabu confirmed on Wednesday that it was investigating a complaint of perjury that that had been levelled by suspended KwaZulu-Natal Hawks boss Maj-Gen Johan Booysen.

“The complaint was received from Major General Booysen against Lieutenant General Ntlemeza relating to the litigation case against General Ntlemeza by General Booysen. IPID has received this case on 24 March 2016 and it will be investigated as required.”

Raburabu did not provide any further details as to the nature of Booysen’s complaint.

Ntlemeza and the Hawks are petitioning the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) in Boemfontein to overturn a Durban High Court ruling by Judge Anton van Zyl ordering Ntlemeza to reinstate Booysen.

Ntlemeza suspended Booysen, claiming that Booysen and the men tasked with investigating a police officer’s assassination, fraudulently received a monetary reward for shooting dead six innocent men and that Booysen supplied false case numbers in a bid to obtain the award.

Booysen, however, denied authoring the document which resulted in him and his men receiving the award for tracking down and killing Superintendent Zethembe Chonco’s killers. He denied that he had anything to do with the granting of the award.

Van Zyl found there was no merit to Ntlemeza’s allegations and he had not presented any evidence proving that fraud had been committed. He dismissed Ntlemeza’s application for leave to appeal.


More at:http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/hawks-boss-faces-perjury-probe-over-booysen-saga-2003072
 
Top