The latest matric pass rate is 8%

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
The latest matric pass rate is 8%

The Education Department's decision to allow progressed matric learners to write their exams over two years has failed, according to a report by The Sunday Times.

Of the 78,363 pupils who wrote their exams using this "opportunity", just 6,320 passed - equating to a dismal 8% pass rate.

Magnum

Expert Member
They costing the department too much money, To that effect they have progressed out of the Education system.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I don't have a problem with matric being a two year course doing halve the subject one year and the other halve the next year. But a student who positioned himself to fail will do so no matter how many years it is.

Bad1

These will be our new doctors for South african dep of health and eskom engineers o and mayor's lets not forget pilots, Saa pilots and kingpins of the Sabc

Bad1

These are the people that will Have an excuse for everything, it wasnt me, i dont know, i didn't see, i never met the guptas and desks always loaded with work but nothing gets done

thechamp

Honorary Master
Of the 78,363 pupils who wrote their exams using this “opportunity”, just 6,320 passed – equating to a dismal 8% pass rate.

Of these students, only 260 attained Bachelor’s passes.
Education experts have blamed these poor results on a lack of support provided to these learners by schools and provincial education departments.
The education experts are clueless, those who wanted to pass did and some even went as far as getting Bachelor passes, they should put a little more thought in the learners selected for progression.

netcruiser

Another disingenuous sensationalist title.

It is not "the matric pass rate", these are a subset of learners that were failing grade 11 already.

thechamp

Honorary Master
These will be our new doctors for South african dep of health and eskom engineers o and mayor's lets not forget pilots, Saa pilots and kingpins of the Sabc
How are they going to achieve all that if they cannot even pass matric?
/waits for a massive conspiracy theory...

Swa

Honorary Master
Yeah I don't know. Those who drop out are certainly a part of the failure rate but they don't make it up alone. Why distract from something important to get some clicks? Seems "journalism" has no shame any more.

adrianx

Expert Member
Like that Dlamini-Zuma character. I don't believe that she is a doctor at all. During the ebola outbreak, while she was head of the AU (or whatever), she didn't utter a single word. Very unlike a medical professional. Probably too busy starching her headdress.

mozguide

Well done to these: "6,320 passed... 260 attained Bachelor’s passes." You made it despite the congenitally corrupt ANC with its incompetent and depraved education departments that want to keep you ignorant and dependent on their (vote buying) poverty relief grants.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Those 260 probably realised that you can not depend on Government for your every need. Well done to them for realising that early in their lives.