The left and the "Nazis"

ACloete

Virtue signalling and other strange behaviours of the common or garden variety SJW.
5.) Humans are bigots. Tribalism is engrained in our DNA. It's natural to fear and hate the other because that has been a survival trait for the vast majority of human history. So, what's a well meaning dullard who has a deep seated need to hate someone do? " You can't hate people because of their race, gender, sexual preference or creed anymore. Ah wait, you can hate Nazis, such a pity they're just a minor bunch of fringe inbreds these days. Hang on what if they werent? What if there were way more Nazis than can be seen and they're hiding in plain site? Since I'm a good, non bigoted person with the correct opinions that must mean those who disagree with my opinions are clandestine Nazis! Happy days! It's cool to hate again".
That was my assessment of that behavioral phenomenon as well.

The other thing I observed is that "Racism" has replaced good old fashioned 'witchcraft'?

If your donkey died, there must be Racism at work, especially, if you are Black.

Emjay

Executive Member
https://phys.org/news/2018-12-narcissists-democracy.html

New research suggests that people with a narcissistic self-view are more likely to demonstrate lower support for democracy.

They are also more likely to feel that democracies are not good in maintaining order, or that it would be better if countries were run by strong leaders or the military.

The research, which was co-led by psychologists at the University of Kent, suggests this is probably because narcissists tend to feel entitled and superior to others, which results in lower tolerance of diverse political opinions.

In contrast, people who take a positive, non-defensive self-view and trust others are more likely to show support for democracy, the research found.
Seems the USA has a pretty big Narcissistic problem on its hands. We can now understand why those that on the Left rage about how bad those on the Right are, and why they are classified as "Deplorables", or are "Maggots".

cerebus

Honorary Master
https://phys.org/news/2018-12-narcissists-democracy.html

Seems the USA has a pretty big Narcissistic problem on its hands. We can now understand why those that on the Left rage about how bad those on the Right are, and why they are classified as "Deplorables", or are "Maggots".
It's perplexing how you could possibly associate lower support for democracy with the American left.

They are also more likely to feel that democracies are not good in maintaining order, or that it would be better if countries were run by strong leaders or the military.
Trump models himself after, and professes admiration for, dictatorial strong-man style leaders. Duterte, Kim, Putin, Jinping, Erdogan, etc. He actively undermines faith in the democratic system with his unsubstantiated voting fraud allegations, and meanwhile the GOP are currently embroiled in some pretty heinous voting fraud shenanigans of their own.

Also - and this might come as a shock - but Trump's a textbook narcissist.

buka001

Expert Member
It's perplexing how you could possibly associate lower support for democracy with the American left.

Trump models himself after, and professes admiration for, dictatorial strong-man style leaders. Duterte, Kim, Putin, Jinping, Erdogan, etc. He actively undermines faith in the democratic system with his unsubstantiated voting fraud allegations, and meanwhile the GOP are currently embroiled in some pretty heinous voting fraud shenanigans of their own.

Or how Emjay ignores the same namecalling actions of people on the right - libtards etc.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
Ja, I've acknowledged that there is craziness from both sides, my point is the craziness on the left has become mainstream. R13s post is a prime example. Where oh where is the right wing craziness in the Afriforum thread? I've asked for evidence that Afriforum is right wing never mind far-right and the best I've gotten is "we all know what they're about". They get compared to organisations that toy with or out right advocate racial violence. So ja, boets, if Afriforum or its supporters is the opposite side of the coin to the looney left to you, my point is proven.
Read their website where they talk about their ideology. Not hard to see! I was entirely pro-Afriforum until I did that.

Emjay

Executive Member

Yes - he is quite narcissistic. Never disputed that fact. I think I have said so in a few posts when we were discussing the Acosta issue. However, he is not dictatorial. Please tell me what policies he has implemented that are dictatorial? What is your point exactly? Oh, right. You just have to raise a whataboutisim.

Last edited:

Emjay

Executive Member
Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._with_people_because_of_how_smart_we_are.html

:laugh:

"We have a really hard time doing that," Hirono lamented, "and one of the reasons it was told to me at one of our retreats was that we Democrats know so much, that is true. And we have kind of have to tell everyone how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain."
Please remind me how this is not narcissistic?

cerebus

Honorary Master
Yes - he is quite narcissistic. Never disputed that fact. I think I have said so in a few posts when we were discussing the Acosta issue. However, he is not dictatorial. Please tell me what policies he has implemented that are dictatorial? What is your point exactly? Oh, right. You just have to point out the whataboutisim.
Trump is very dictatorial, as I showed in my post. He's just constrained by the checks and balances in the government, but he personally has no respect for the US constitution.

More to the point, the US right wing are far less democratically-aligned than the left. I also showed some examples of how that is true. They have a consistent pattern of undermining fair voting, for example.

Emjay

Executive Member
Trump is very dictatorial, as I showed in my post. He's just constrained by the checks and balances in the government, but he personally has no respect for the US constitution.

More to the point, the US right wing are far less democratically-aligned than the left. I also showed some examples of how that is true. They have a consistent pattern of undermining fair voting, for example.
There is no consistent pattern. They are all allegations (and from both sides I might add).

Or, are you one of those who believe Trump colluded with the Russians to rig the 2016 vote?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master

You can see some evidence of what Emjay is talking about though. For instance, Hilary Clinton attacking whole segments of the population that didn't vote for her. I forget exactly how she insulted them, but it was something like calling them uneducated and backwards.

So yes, the left has an elitism problem. They do think that they know better and the world would be better off if it could just accept the new liberal worldview.

cerebus

Honorary Master
There is no consistent pattern. They are all allegations (and from both sides I might add).

Or, are you one of those who believe Trump colluded with the Russians to rig the 2016 vote?
I'm not talking about Trump's collusion, although I do think it's becoming difficult to argue that he didn't collude with Russia in some way - and enthusiastically. I'm talking about good old fashioned voter suppression, vote fraud and gerrymandering:

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/23/6597...orts-are-targeting-minorities-journalist-says
https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-have-a-secret-weapon-in-the-midterms-voter-suppression
https://www.kaporcenter.org/florida...ter-suppression-was-motive-behind-voter-laws/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...st-fix-republican-gerrymander-before-midterms
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article222806255.html

Emjay

Executive Member
What about the IRS scandal, cerebus?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-unresolved-irs-scandal-1525905500

Imagine if liberal groups discovered that President Trump’s Internal Revenue Service was targeting them for heightened scrutiny or harassment. The media and Democrats would decry this assault on the First Amendment and declare the U.S. on the brink of autocracy. The scandal would dominate the midterms, and the legitimacy of the election would be called into question.

Strangely enough, the IRS did target organs of the opposition party during the last administration, but the episode has largely faded from public memory without resolution. May 10 marks the fifth anniversary of the revelation that President Obama’s IRS targeted conservative groups for more than two years prior to the 2012 presidential election.

While some of the faces at the IRS have changed, the law that enabled their misuse of power has not. Congress’s failure to address the problem leaves the U.S. democratic process vulnerable to further abuses.
Funny how organs of the state are being abused by partisan groups. DOJ, FBI, IRS...

Or how about Chicago residents committing perjury to stop a Conservative student from running for alderman?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...h-ward-alderman-race-kass-20181206-story.html

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Yes, good example.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017...dal-shows-theres-no-sane-wing-of-the-gop.html

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration reviewed a decade of IRS handling of political organizations. It found that scores of liberal groups were subject to the same heavy scrutiny that conservative groups faced. This merely certified what had been perfectly clear all along. Within months of the “targeting scandal” breaking, evidence was already available to show that the IRS was giving political activists on the left the same treatment as those on the right. (The New York Times reported on this as early as June 2013.) Subsequent hearings turned up no evidence Obama had ordered the IRS to target conservatives because the IRS did not in fact target conservatives. The fact some conservatives had a hard time dealing with the IRS did not prove the IRS is targeting conservatives any more than some conservatives having a hard time renewing their driver’s licenses would prove the DMV is targeting conservatives.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"?
Seems painfully obvious that she's talking about the perception of Democrats as elitist braniacs, as backed up by her discussion that they don't talk to people's 'hearts' enough, as opposed to their heads.

And her follow up point is absolutely correct - most people don't make decisions based on raw facts and evidence - they go with their gut and feelings.

You can see some evidence of what Emjay is talking about though. For instance, Hilary Clinton attacking whole segments of the population that didn't vote for her. I forget exactly how she insulted them, but it was something like calling them uneducated and backwards.

So yes, the left has an elitism problem. They do think that they know better and the world would be better off if it could just accept the new liberal worldview.
She said some of Trump's supporters are deplorable, because of how Trump's campaign empowered bigots of all stripes. This is undoubtedly true, although it's politically stupid.

At the same time Trump has called everyone who votes Democrat "crazy". Would that fall into the same category?

cerebus

Honorary Master

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-unresolved-irs-scandal-1525905500

Funny how organs of the state are being abused by partisan groups. DOJ, FBI, IRS...

Or how about Chicago residents committing perjury to stop a Conservative student from running for alderman?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...h-ward-alderman-race-kass-20181206-story.html
Delusions of persecution are also a strong trait of covert narcissism.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/12/google-hearing-sundar-pichai-republicans-conservative-bias.html

At the beginning of the hearing, Texas Rep. Lamar Smith tried to needle Pichai with a series of studies and statistics claiming to show suppression of pro-Trump viewpoints in Google search results. Smith cited a claim from conservative outlet PJ Media that 96 percent of results for a search on news about Trump were from left-wing media and findings from psychologist Robert Epstein that Google could have swung 2.6 million votes in Hillary Clinton’s favor during the 2016 election. Pichai responded that Google had investigated the specific findings, which allowed him to pivot the line of questioning to a debate over the studies’ methodologies all while maintaining that Google in no way discriminates against conservatives.

Nick333

Honorary Master
I couldn't find cerebus' stupid thread about the rise of the right, so I thought this would be the next most appropriate thread to post this since it's a response to his characterisation of me as a old white trash for blaming the left for the rise of the right.

Here some young, black trash saying the exact same thing.

I couldn't find cerebus' stupid thread about the rise of the right, so I thought this would be the next most appropriate thread to post this since it's a response to his characterisation of me as a old white trash for blaming the left for the rise of the right.

Here some young, black trash saying the exact same thing.

I had no idea there were black nazis........