The Lego Thread

ichigo

Executive Member
Post all your lego memories and your current lego sets you collect or collected and if you still have your childhood lego.

Had this when I was a toddler but sadly my parents sold it when we moved (was an earlier version of this) :(

I collect mostly lego city sets, some technic and space sets.

Last edited:

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Still own the 10179, just have no place to put it so it went back into the box :(

Species8472

I loved the Ice Planet series when I was younger. Deep Freeze defender was my biggest set at the time.

The Mega Core Magnetizer always fascinated me but I never managed to get my hands on it.
185px-6989_Set.jpg

Recently the Lego bug bit me again, and thanks to www.bricklink.com I tackled a project: Recolor the Core Magnetizer as an Ice Planet set.

Here is the result (work in progress):
Core Magnetizer mk2.jpg

If you are interested in the instructions you can find them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5apqc21xt57i2mt/Core Magnetizer mk2.pdf

The instructions don't included the white panels on the wheels yet.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Loved Lego, also had it as a kid.

My kids also love to play with Lego :D Keep the tradition strong :D

ichigo

Executive Member
Still own the 10179, just have no place to put it so it went back into the box :(
Cool you should try make space for it somewhere and that is the Starwars one right never saw it in the stores here sadly

Loved Lego, also had it as a kid.

My kids also love to play with Lego :D Keep the tradition strong :D
Do you still use the lego with your kids or do they play on their own?

I loved the Ice Planet series when I was younger. Deep Freeze defender was my biggest set at the time.

The Mega Core Magnetizer always fascinated me but I never managed to get my hands on it.
View attachment 57099

Recently the Lego bug bit me again, and thanks to www.bricklink.com I tackled a project: Recolor the Core Magnetizer as an Ice Planet set.

Here is the result (work in progress):
View attachment 57101

If you are interested in the instructions you can find them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5apqc21xt57i2mt/Core Magnetizer mk2.pdf

The instructions don't included the white panels on the wheels yet.
Very nice I have seen those lego sets years back and you can order parts from lego.com for free if you missing parts I do it sometimes.

I have a few old sets but missing a few parts

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Cool you should try make space for it somewhere and that is the Starwars one right never saw it in the stores here sadly
Yep the Falcon she is, Bought it in NZ for NZ$ 800.00

Took me about a month to build it the 1st time, was on Holiday. Stood in the lounge for about 3 months till the Mrs said she wanted her table back :(

When I build it again, I am sooo gonna get a glass case for it and a special Table, just not gonna happen in this house, way to small for a permanent home.

ichigo

Executive Member
Yep the Falcon she is, Bought it in NZ for NZ$ 800.00

Took me about a month to build it the 1st time, was on Holiday. Stood in the lounge for about 3 months till the Mrs said she wanted her table back :(

When I build it again, I am sooo gonna get a glass case for it and a special Table, just not gonna happen in this house, way to small for a permanent home.
Wouldnt be nice to build it again for so long and end up having 1 piece missing

Use this if you ever do
https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts/#IssueType

Last edited:

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Lego bug bit me again a year ago. Bought the Imperial Flag Ship after seeing it for a discount led price at game shortly after. Collected some minifigs in series 4, 5 and 6 and got a LOTR set for secret santa present at work on the day we went to see the Hobbit. :D All of these are displayed on my bookcase in my little study...

ichigo

Executive Member
Lego bug bit me again a year ago. Bought the Imperial Flag Ship after seeing it for a discount led price at game shortly after. Collected some minifigs in series 4, 5 and 6 and got a LOTR set for secret santa present at work on the day we went to see the Hobbit. :D All of these are displayed on my bookcase in my little study...
Ooh very nice been searching for that one how much did you pay? Havent seen it here yet.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Like I said, it WAS here. Discontinued already AFAIK. The Lego stores, Toys R Us, Game and so on all had it in stock around 2 years ago. I bought it because it might make a nice toy investment. Still have all the packaging etc... Only built it once and it's been displayed on a shelf ever since. People go crazy over Lego pirate ships.

ichigo

Executive Member
Like I said, it WAS here. Discontinued already AFAIK. The Lego stores, Toys R Us, Game and so on all had it in stock around 2 years ago. I bought it because it might make a nice toy investment. Still have all the packaging etc... Only built it once and it's been displayed on a shelf ever since. People go crazy over Lego pirate ships.
PMB is always way behind with everything so still hoping they may by off chance get it

All we have here is the Fire Station, Garage, Small Starwars stuff and other city stuff nothing amazing.

ponder

Honorary Master
My brother or me had one of these,

Also had a Lego Technic car with battery driven motor, Lego 854 + Lego 870.

Brother had a whole bunch of lunar base stuff and huge space ships.

Last edited:

ichigo

Executive Member
My brother or me had one of these,

Also had a Lego Technic car with battery driven motor.
I had a similar one but it was the garage version which was yellow/grey

Last edited:

noxibox

Honorary Master
I've got Brickbeard's Bounty. Almost didn't get it too because it was the last one and someone put it into their shopping cart with a whole bunch of other Lego just before I got there, then changed their mind at the till and left the pirate ship behind. Luckily I was nearby, saw this, rushed over and paid for it immediately. I did phone every place I could think of that sells Lego to see if anyone had stock of the ship and there was just this one. Unfortunately once Lego stop making these sets the only way to get them is to pay a fortune.

We had quite a lot of Lego, which in a moment of insanity my mother gave away. I was not amused.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
I follow the Eurobricks forums quite often... Nice way to stay abreast of Lego developments. The Architecture range is quite impressive, as is the range aimed at AFOLs. :p